Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I love E-spares!!!
bi22le

posted on 25/10/14 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
I love E-spares!!!

We have used them a couple of times and have had nothing but top notch service.

Its non-car related spares. Any white or electrical goods and probably other things as well.

It has saved us a fortune over the years. I know you pay 20 times over the cost for the small item but its still worth while.

My latest repair was our tumble dryer. The catch broke on the door which means that we had to wedge the door shut, that is fine until it moves the wedge and stops without us knowing.

£13 quid later for a small, but crucial, piece of plastic and its all up and working. Cheaper than £100 new tumble dryer!

Other things I have repaired include:

36" CRT TV
coffee maker
Induction hob

I love repairing things anyway and this company empowers me to fix EVERYTHING!!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

owelly

posted on 25/10/14 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
I concur.
I've just fitted a £11 pair of brushes to my Bosch washing machine and it's as good as ever. I've fixed my dishwasher, vacuum cleaner, tumble drier, etc with bits from E-spares. The postage is a bit heavy (the brushes were £8 The postage was £3 for a tiny Jiffy bag) but cheaper than new equipment and/or driving to find the spares!

[Edited on 25/10/14 by owelly]

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 25/10/14 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
+1

Fixed our washing machine, tumble dryer and vacuum with parts from E Spares.

Satisfying and money saving at the same time.

BenB

posted on 25/10/14 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
They sure are useful. Shame the manafacturers don't just build things properly in the first place. Our last washer drier blew two air heater coils in the space of four years! Annoyingly the second time it gave different symptoms (blowing the earth on the wash cycle! rather than just not drying the clothes) so I didn't diagnose it correctly initially. Our current tumble drier is 28 years old, my dad replaced the bearings and the belt about 15 years ago. Still working fine. Can't imagine that would be true on one bought now....
balidey

posted on 25/10/14 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I have used them before to save me a few hundred quid.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

Staple balls

posted on 25/10/14 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
They're useful for part number reference more than parts, IME.

For example, we have a Bosch dishwasher (one of the recalled ones) will wash burned on porridge off a particularly knackered pan. But due to crap plumbing, it burns the drain pumps out occasionally.

E-spares want £30+ for one, can get a used one from ebay for £7, Generally last over a year, and it's 20 minutes to change the part.

Filters for same, about half price on ebay.

Also did a Hotpoint tumble drier shaft and bearing: Looks about £20-25 in separate parts on Espares. Got a kit to do it on Ebay for £12, everything but the drill and riveter in there.

Ultimately, I'd buy from espares for the massive jobs you never want to do ever again, but for the quickies, ebay seems to win out.

coozer

posted on 25/10/14 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Linky?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

NigeEss

posted on 26/10/14 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
espares

Ordered a new belt for my tumble dryer from them yesterday. £11, half what a local shop quoted me.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 26/10/14 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
As already said, postage can be a bit excessive, but they have bailed me out several times and saved an absolute fortune!

Always prompt delivery too.

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.