Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone still outside working?
killerferret666

posted on 16/1/15 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone still outside working?

First time in over 3 months I've been out in an evening doing anything. Its freezing! I don't know how I lasted all of last winter every night out there. Tonight my hands are like blocks of Ice, i expect it was determination and stubborness.

On plus side it was worth starting on the prep for the car to go into the bodyshop monday! wahooo!

Building DDR GT4

Miami Gt4 Blog - Click Here

lsdweb

posted on 16/1/15 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Just come in! I was out in the hail last night!

Stripping the car though so not to technical and could keep gloves on!

bi22le

posted on 16/1/15 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Your braver then me. I had a sulk on when the cover blew off and i had to fight it back on.

We are moving house in a couple of months and i will have a garage. I am actually like an 8 year old leading up to christmas!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Nickp

posted on 16/1/15 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
I had to have both heaters on in the garage this morning
coozer

posted on 16/1/15 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Was out cutting some bar with a hacksaw, thought what the hell is that, clarett all over, big gash in me frozen finger!

First time for ages, last time till the summer!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 16/1/15 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
I was cutting a fair bit of GRP, only around midday, only when the sun was shining. Cold, oh yes.

As is true to form, the coldest weeks of the year are around now. Although the northern hemisphere is starting to warm up on land, the sea is still a heatsink for a little longer.

Last winter was exceptionally mild, I remember constructing the rear end of a chassis outside, not minding the layers of clothing against the weld spatters, but not needing it either for the cold.

Daf

posted on 16/1/15 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
The wife's car has decided to destroy it's turbo so I've been outside the last few nights doing that - why do these things never happen in July?
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 16/1/15 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
I work outside All day every day .
It's when I say I used to live in a tropical country you realise how crazy I am.
Ps I'm still using my seven .... It's the only type of car I have

kj

posted on 16/1/15 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Working over the Christmas a bit of bar flew out the vice while drilling and my inner wrist , looks like I tried to slash my wrist. That was it time to go in, lucky

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

daniel mason

posted on 16/1/15 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Been out In the garage tonight for 4 hours. Absolutley freezing it was
Daddylonglegs

posted on 16/1/15 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Been out in the workshop most nights for a couple of weeks. Had to take the engine out of the Discovery. Been chasing an overheating problem for weeks and think I finally nailed it down to a leaking core plug at the back of the engine block. Only way to do it without cutting an F-in big hole in the bulkhead is engine out. Those 300TDi engines are chuffing heavy!!

Been pretty nippy though I must admit, but the worst thing is waiting for the roof to take off! We live in a very windy spot near Bude in North Cornwall and the past few days have seen some rather Winnie the Pooh days

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

TimC

posted on 16/1/15 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
For Xmas 2013 my wife bought me 'Rally Mechanics Overalls.' Awesome. Expect to use them tomorrow.

perksy

posted on 16/1/15 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Helping a mate with the restoration of his classic mini tomorrow, Bobble hat at the ready
perksy

posted on 16/1/15 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
Been out in the workshop most nights for a couple of weeks. Had to take the engine out of the Discovery. Been chasing an overheating problem for weeks and think I finally nailed it down to a leaking core plug at the back of the engine block. Only way to do it without cutting an F-in big hole in the bulkhead is engine out. Those 300TDi engines are chuffing heavy!!

Been pretty nippy though I must admit, but the worst thing is waiting for the roof to take off! We live in a very windy spot near Bude in North Cornwall and the past few days have seen some rather Winnie the Pooh days

Been to Bude a few times and its one of our favourite places

Daddylonglegs

posted on 16/1/15 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perksyBeen to Bude a few times and its one of our favourite places

Yep, lovely area. Took the Grandson down to Crooklets Beach this afternoon, it was bl**dy nippy there to say the least!

scutter

posted on 16/1/15 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Not been out and played in the garage/workshop. But we have been checking flying controls on a C17 and had the hanger doors open for the last few days!!!

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daddylonglegs

posted on 16/1/15 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote

How I miss those days......NOT!! I used to be able to mope around in shorts and T-shirt in the winter when I was up on SAR in Northumberland, a little too fragile for that milarky now though

chrisspartan

posted on 17/1/15 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Changing head gasket on my 300 tdi defender on the drive - hands like blocks of ice, lying in the engine bay. Got the head into the garage now so slightly better. Hoping for no snow as I wont be able to play in it!
coozer

posted on 17/1/15 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Woke up this morning to find me finger throbbing and pussy... Now wide open after pulling a bit of swarf out...

No idea how I got ali drill swarf in cutting a steel bar with a hacksaw!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.