Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Just a rant!
Dave Bailey

posted on 20/5/15 at 05:35 AM Reply With Quote
Just a rant!

My own mistake but we bought a TV from Currys on a buy now pay 6 months... Well with one thing and another i overlooked the payment date... So called them yesterday to se if there was anything they could do... it was Creation Finanace.... They had Already taken the first payment of 68.13... Anyway I explained my mistake and asked for a settlement figure... Effectively £300 interest for paying the full amount off 19 days past the offer period.... What a painful lesson to learn.... Predators....

Dave B

fesycresy

posted on 20/5/15 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
Perfect example of how 'interest free' / ' deferred period' makes money.

They're relying on people like you, not necessarily people that can't afford it, but the ones that forget.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Dave Bailey

posted on 20/5/15 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
Well they got me :-(
joneh

posted on 20/5/15 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
Phone back and tell them the terms of the credit agreement weren't properly explained. If you knew it'd cost an extra £300 you wouldn't have missed the deadline..
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 20/5/15 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
They aren't predators, they offered a service and you chose to use it to buy a non-essential item. Loan sharks who loan money to the vulnerable to buy essential items and then use intimidation to get the money back are predators.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Slimy38

posted on 20/5/15 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
I did that when I was 18, it was my first bit of 'debt'. Exactly the same, I missed the final 'interest free' payment by a matter of days, and they had instantly added on the interest for the entire term.

On the other hand, they tried to do the same with our double glazing, they put it on credit to get the commission and drop our price down, and they assured me that if I paid it off immediately I would have no interest. As I had the cash and only did it to drop the price, I got it paid but not before they tried to add on twenty quid interest. I went apes**t at them, and they backed down.

02GF74

posted on 20/5/15 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
If it makes you feel slightly better, you are not alone. Forgot to pay my credut card last month. £ 12 late fee and £8 interest. Ouch!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.