Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any structural engineers in the house?
sdh2903

posted on 18/9/15 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Any structural engineers in the house?

I'm after a little assistance regarding to the pressure of a slab on a sewer below. Scottish water are making me jump through hoops to obtain a build over agreement. If there are any structural engineers in the house to assist I'd be grateful.

Cheers
Steve

omega 24 v6

posted on 18/9/15 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Not going to be a very helpfull answer i'm a fraid
A bit farther north than you are my workmate is in the same fight.
He has been for the last 2 years.
He has decided to give up and just put up a wooden ( read as non permanent ) structure as scottish water would just not play ball regardless of how accomodating he was willing to be.
They wouldn't even let him pour a reinforced concrete slab.
That said i wish you all the luck in progressing.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

sdh2903

posted on 19/9/15 at 05:32 AM Reply With Quote
The biggest issue was that the sewers were not on any of Scottish waters drawings. Apparently the developer never gave them details however they put a note in the deeds saying don't build here. Now that's been sorted (took 3 months) things are now moving on.

They haven't been "Too" bad to be honest, they have agreed in principle to our design they just want a cctv survey doing to check the condition. A few legal statements and a calculation of the loads that the building will exert on the sewer which is what I'm after a clever engineer for.

Right at the start I got one of their guys direct email and extension number and have been dealing direct with him ever since which I reckon has speeded up proceedings a lot.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.