Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: on going Vodafone problem
mk85

posted on 23/9/15 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
on going Vodafone problem

Last july I had a personal issue and had to make a large amount of calls taking me well over my agreed price plan. So I called Vodafone and I took my monthly Bill from £22 up to £48 to be safe that I didn't over run again and then would bring it back down to the original £22 when I didn't have to make as many calls. The operator advised this was the bee way to deal with the situation. So I called up and they then told me I was unable to lower my tariff down and would have to keep it at £48 for the remainder of the contract.

Come to January I get the call asking if I want to renew my contract. I told them I can get a better deal else where then they offer me a deal for £15 a month and a new phone. So I agreed to stay. After a few months I check my bank and realised they had been taking £30. So I call up and get passed around for days to try and sort the issue. After a a few weeks they finally agree to let me have the deal the offered me and credited my account with the over charged money. Next month again am over charged and again the next month.

So last month I phone up again to sort the issue. And work out that I had spent nearly 26 hours on the phone since March sorting the issue. And then I was finally told that it had been sorted and all the system updated and could promise it won't happen again.

Just has my bill in for £56 and they have no idea why and I will have to call up again tomorrow as they don't have the information on the system yet as its being updated.

Where do I legally stand on this.

dan8400

posted on 23/9/15 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know about legel stuff but it's definitely worth looking into legal advice. Or at least tell them you are taking legal advice.

I left Vodafone after being a loyal customer for 12 years. One problem led to another and another and so on.

You could argue you are not getting what you agreed ie: they are not keeping up their side of the contract. You could leave on this basis.

Sorry if I've created more questions than answers

Keep giving them hell about it

Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

Adamirish

posted on 23/9/15 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
A letter from a solicitor will work wonders.

I didn't renew my contract with O2, told them I will be going elsewhere which was fine. Me being young and an idiot didn't check my bank account regularly and 6 months later found they had been charging me for the contract which I declined. Phone call after phone call got me nowhere so threatened getting solicitors involved. I stood to my word and got a solicitor friend to write a letter which was sent recorded delivery. 10 days later I had a letter from O2 with a cheque for around £200 enclosed. Never heard from them again.

[Edited on 23/9/15 by Adamirish]

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

mk85

posted on 23/9/15 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Am thinking of taking some form of legal action. I asked for a manager asked if them taking more money than they are supposed to do is theft or fraudulent use of my bank details. They refused to answer me.

I told them that they had breached there terms of the contract and not kept there end of the deal and I hadn't failed on any payments and would like them to cancel the contract they outright refused.

nick-york

posted on 23/9/15 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'm having some big problems with o2 at moment. I'm at my wits end with them. I've looked into what I can do and there is an ombudsmen that deals with mobile phone company complaints. I'm going to try that route. O2 had been charging me for a phone I didn't have any more and threatening to restrict my calls to incoming calls if I didn't pay. Then they restricted my phone! I rung up to get reconnected and had to pay the money so they could pay me back the money they owed me. Phone back to normal for about an hour then they cut me off completely!! Couldn't make or receive calls or texts or anything. I was furious. I went out and bought re sim and phone on pay as you go. No rip off 2 year contracts for me again! Oh and o2 cancelled a direct debit to themselves and I've got letters from them threatening me with legal action for non payment on a credit agreement!! How's that for a dumb thing to do!! My problems with o2 are complicated and go back to the beginning of the year. I would nevergo back to them again! IvI've been with them for years and that's how you get treated!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.