Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT: caravan touring site west cornwall recommendation
steve8274

posted on 8/11/15 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
OT: caravan touring site west cornwall recommendation

Hi all
It's getting to that time of year where the wife wants to know where we going on holiday next year.
We have a touring caravan and looking to go west Cornwall. There are plenty of sites but looking for recommendations. We are looking to pitch up around Helton/million area. The only 2 things the site needs is a swimming pool(preferably indoor) and a park for the kids.
Thanks in advance
Steve

[Edited on 9/11/15 by steve8274]

sprintB+

posted on 12/11/15 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Just noticed this post: The best site in Cornwall has to be Hendra at Newquay. Fantastic place with everything you request. If you ant to get away from that and have a great beach holiday try Churchtown Farm. at Hayle. I use both these sites on a regular basis, Hendra is commercial, Churchtown is not but has great facilities and on the edge of a great surfing beach. There is a Haven site in Hayle but I believe they did away with their campsite. I live in the area so if I can be of any help just shout.
steve8274

posted on 12/11/15 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
Thanks for replying. We had looked at hendra and indeed it does look good. My only slight disappointment is the £2.99 per person charge for the pool. Doesn't sound much but there is 5 of us over 2 weeks so it adds up.
Just looked at church town. That location is better but unfortunately no pool. The kids always love the pools.
Still looking for something by mullion so if you know any around there that would be great.
Thanks
Steve

sprintB+

posted on 12/11/15 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Mullion has a big site, will track it down for you, my neighbour uses that one a bit. There is a big Haven site close to Perranporth that has a good name.
steve8274

posted on 12/11/15 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Have seen the parkdean site at mullion but they wanted over £900. Bit steep for us.
I know it's still relatively cheap but previous years in Devon etc have always been around £500 with same facilities.
Have seen a nice site by st Austell called river valley which looks really nice with all required facilities. Again it's just a bit too far.
It probably sounds like I'm being picky but don't fancy travelling an hour each day to get to area we want

sprintB+

posted on 13/11/15 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
My friend has said you will be lucky t find the site with the facilitis in West Cornwall, most are for surf beaches or walkers/climbers. However he did suggest Polmanter at St.Ives, he maintains swimming pools and has done work there so we know they have a pool. And its fairly near the area you want.
steve8274

posted on 13/11/15 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks. That site looks good. Will give them a call to check availability
Thanks for your time
Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.