Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Long shot... Any gas fitters near North Wales?
tegwin

posted on 16/11/15 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Long shot... Any gas fitters near North Wales?

This is a pretty long shot but worth asking!!

I am trying to find a gas fitter to do some work on my grans house in North Wales. Finding a decent fitter locally is becoming really hard!

The house has never had gas before but does have a meter. We want to run pipes to the living room for a gas fire and to a new boiler room to take a gas boiler.

I'm happy doing the wet side, control system and all the labour, I just need someone to install the gas pipes, fit the gas fire, connect up the gas boiler and flue and then sort out the relevent paperwork with the local building control.

Anyone able to help?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

JoelP

posted on 16/11/15 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
If you don't get any personal recommendations, the gas safe site will identify fitters, usually living on the same street. Pick someone who doesn't look like a bad un in their photo.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

tegwin

posted on 16/11/15 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Good shout!

Reason I was asking on here is because I know you're all decent chaps!!

I need to keep costs down so I was hoping to find someone happy to just do the gas stuff and leave me to sort the rest. Is this fairly standard practice do you recon or are they going to want all of the work/all of the money!?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

prawnabie

posted on 16/11/15 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I did the same, fitted all the rads/pipework and mounted the boiler + condensate pipework. Found a fitter who came round and spent a couple of hours check my work, piping up the gas and signed it off in the manual.
hizzi

posted on 16/11/15 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
you say its your grans house? not sure of the legislation in wales but if its the same as scotland she may be entiitled to free heating on the goverment.
usually based on age, pension credits, house efficiency

hizzi

posted on 16/11/15 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
just had a look there is a site warm wales have a look. also is the house insulated? british gas will do it for free
tegwin

posted on 16/11/15 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks hizzi.

Unfortunately because it's a really obscure house there's no way the usual Cowboys can insulate it, there's no cavity and the roof space is a bedroom . It really needs the exterior slate wall tiles removing and insulation being added like a jacket before the tiles are replaced. The cost of doing that would be horrific.

Will look into what grants are available though.

inkafone

posted on 6/12/15 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hi - bit late on this but I use Kevin Parry for my gas certificate and any repairs. He's very thorough and cost is reasonable.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.