Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stolen - Lambrettas
Irony

posted on 9/2/16 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Stolen - Lambrettas

My brother had his two classic Lambrettas stolen last night. The BastŁ$ds removed a fence panel from the rear garden and broke into the garage. They must have had a trailer waiting. There may be a chance they are on a ferry to the continent already. If anyone has any links into the Scooter community please spread the word. He is absolutely gutted. Below is his description and images.

Please share this as far and wide as possible (particularly my scooterist friends). These were stolen from David Gibbs house in Leicestershire between 01:00 and 06:00hrs this morning and are his absolute pride and joy. The Green/Silver one is a GP200, reg. PRR101W and the Red one is an SX200, reg. NBL31P. Someone, somewhere will know something, so please keep eyes and ears peeled and if you see or hear anything

Description
Description

Description
Description

prawnabie

posted on 9/2/16 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Gutted....

Shared on our inranet as we have a place in Leicester too.

Not much help now, but more for people reading this with lift up fence panels - might be worth doing something like this...

Security Fence Band Fencing Panel Concrete Post Safety

but bolt them in don't screw!

Hope he finds them soon!

r1_pete

posted on 9/2/16 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Clearly the b@stards who stole the scoots knew what the were looking for, where they were and have an outlet for them.

It really hacks me off there is no deterrent, awe poor chap his mum couldn't afford a treddy for him when he was little, let him go pick litter up for 10 minutes, that'll teach him!! Should get their hands chopped off.....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Irony

posted on 9/2/16 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
The scooter community is quite tight in the UK. There is much more of a 'club' feel than the kit car industry. The thieves must have a buyer in mind as I doubt they could sell them in the UK. I think they might be heading abroad.
nick205

posted on 9/2/16 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Shameful!

A load of expensive bicycles were stolen in our area recently, all on the same night. As above, the thieves knew where they were and how to get at them too - makes you feel unwary that people may be watching you.

Hope he has some luck finding them, but I suspect they're either already or on their way abroad by now.

Andi

posted on 9/2/16 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
I know some scooterists in Leicester.
Ill put the word out

Andi

Shooter63

posted on 9/2/16 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
This sort of shite absolutely ***ks me off! people's property is treated like junk in this country! the d**kheads that stole them know that even if the old bill can be bothered to get off there fat arses the worst that will happen to them is a slap on the wrist. I hope your brother finds them and I'll put the word about.

Shooter

redturner
Senior Builder

Posts 449
Registered 9/11/12

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Run 2 ltr Black Top in single seater race car.

posted on 9/2/16 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
But we have to take pity on these morons, they need the proceeds to buy their next fix. Bastards.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.