Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Samsung Galaxy S5 mini USB connection solved
nick205

posted on 23/6/16 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Samsung Galaxy S5 mini USB connection solved

I've had a Samsung Galaxy S5 mini smartphone for a while now. Whilst it's a good phone I couldn't get it to connect to my laptop via USB - only to charge. After some faffing about I updated the MS driver and now it connects via USB just fine. I've transferred some music and photos both ways without issue. Have to say I'm happier than I was and now have more music to listen to as well.

Slimy38

posted on 23/6/16 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Wait until you move to Marshmallow... it took me several days to realise that they've introduced a new USB setting called 'charge only', and it just so happens to be the default setting. I have to go into the USB connection and manually move it to MTP or similar.

So much for USB plug and play...

nick205

posted on 23/6/16 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
I checked and my phone was already set to "MTP" mode and the laptop didn't see it. For reasons unknown updating the driver seemed to solve it though. Irritating, but one of those things I guess!

morcus

posted on 25/6/16 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Defaulting to charge only is better than default as a media device and you computer trying to download everything from your phone every time you plug it in for a bit of charge.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

bi22le

posted on 25/6/16 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
I love my S5 mini. I must be honest and say that I have not had these issues and i run the latest software as far as I know.

I had an old S4 mini that went south, I wonder if when I transferred the settings across it took that with it.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.