Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Excel 2010 header footer help
nick205

posted on 6/9/16 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Excel 2010 header footer help

Morning All,

I have an Excel 2010 work book with a number of worksheets in it. On one worksheet I've created a customer header and footer, which I'd like to appear on all worksheets when they're printed. Ideally I'd like to be able to edit the one header and footer and have the same thing appear across all worksheets.

Is there a way to do this and if so can anyone guide me through it please?

Thanks,
Nick

ste

posted on 6/9/16 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Use-headers-and-footers-in-worksheet-printouts-78e14bc7-ad9b-4dd8-9d59-dd201046b8f7
nick205

posted on 8/9/16 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks.

I may be missing something, but still can't make Excel apply the one header/footer to all worksheets when printed?

loggyboy

posted on 8/9/16 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
when you go to print, at the bottom there is page setup.
check the header and foot settings for 'different first page' - if checked, uncheck it.

EDIT
Apologies just re read and assume you mean you want to repeat it on sheets not pages - I dont think this is possible, however if you create the header/title you want in the normal rows, you can use the 'sheet' tab in the page setup to repeat selected rows on every sheet.

EDIT 2

Nah cant get that to work now either = however once in normal rows you can use the '=Sheet1!' where sheet 1 is the name of the first sheet and place the row/column references after the !

[Edited on 8-9-16 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

nick205

posted on 8/9/16 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
when you go to print, at the bottom there is page setup.
check the header and foot settings for 'different first page' - if checked, uncheck it.

EDIT
Apologies just re read and assume you mean you want to repeat it on sheets not pages - I dont think this is possible, however if you create the header/title you want in the normal rows, you can use the 'sheet' tab in the page setup to repeat selected rows on every sheet.

EDIT 2

Nah cant get that to work now either = however once in normal rows you can use the '=Sheet1!' where sheet 1 is the name of the first sheet and place the row/column references after the !

[Edited on 8-9-16 by loggyboy]

Interesting...maybe a feature I wrongly assumed was "basic"!

Trying the created a header/footer in one sheet and = on another sheet method. It partially works, but in the first instance doesn't seem to carry the bold text formatting across - more playing required perhaps.

nick205

posted on 8/9/16 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Have to say I'm stumped with this and somewhat pi55ed of with Excel TBH.

Surely what I want to do is a pretty basic task that most users would want to do. Unless I'm really missing something MS Excel simply can't do it - beyond baffling it strikes me as a real shortcoming for MS

nick205

posted on 8/9/16 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Ah ha...may have found a solution!

Copy and paste the first sheet with its header/footer and the header/footer appears (on screen and in print) on the newly created sheet. It seems to work and be reliable, but I simply cannot believe it's necessary in 2016 in Excel to work like this.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.