Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Arghh! Stupid customer satisfaction surveys!
David Jenkins

posted on 8/6/17 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Arghh! Stupid customer satisfaction surveys!

I'm being overwhelmed by on-line customer satisfaction surveys - it seems like every time I buy something on-line, or get some service from a company that has my email address, I get sent a survey request. This week I think I've had five or more. I wouldn't mind if whatever they'd done was significant, but in one case I'd ordered something on a web site (Marks & Sparks, I think) and they asked me to fill in a 15-minute survey as a result. I spent 2 minutes on-line ordering it, my wife walked into the shop, collected it and walked out, and now I am expected to spend twice as long telling them what a wonderful experience it was!

The latest one was with British Airways: I had to spend over an hour sorting out their cock-up with a re-arranged flight, talking to an eastern gentleman with a strong accent on a very bad line, and a few days later an email arrived asking me to fill in a survey on how well they'd performed. The problem is that they sent it to my wife's email address, and she'd had nothing to do with the call!

<sigh - deep breath - breathe out - breathe in - and relax...>

The end result is that all these survey requests now get deleted as soon as they appear in my inbox - why do they bother?

<end rant>

[Edited on 8/6/17 by David Jenkins]

steve m

posted on 8/6/17 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
How strange David, as I payed up my AA subscription this morning via the supplied no, and spoke to Hanna, all very simple
and hassle free, yet this evening, home phone no rings and a pre recorded message from the AA, wanting me/us to complete a survey on how our transaction went, errrr, click as the phone goes back on the hook

FFS, I called them, I payed, it went through, job done ?

To be honest, I don't give feedback, unless there shyte, however my wife does complete all this drivel and is forever getting emails calls etc wanting more feedback, or sales I try and tell her, to no avail that the milking bastards want more sales

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

David Jenkins

posted on 8/6/17 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Exactly - when they arrived once in a blue moon there was a chance that I might complete them - Now? no chance. They all get deleted without a further thought.

BTW: I've just filled in the BA survey and given them a complete ear-bashing. I really hope they come back and call me personally... and the chances of me rebooking with them in the future have just gone down massively.

bi22le

posted on 8/6/17 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
BTW: I've just filled in the BA survey and given them a complete ear-bashing. I really hope they come back and call me personally... and the chances of me rebooking with them in the future have just gone down massively.

They are the ones they used to get in a blue moon amd now just instantly delete as the get 50k of them a week!!!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

sprintB+

posted on 9/6/17 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
I was always inundated with these surveys. Being a one man show, and most of my stuff being bought through the internet. I was entered in countless draws for new cars down to a tin of special cleaner. Zilcth, never won nothing. Full stop, no more of that for me. My wife took on the book work in the last 2 years, first thing she done? won a holiday for 2 in Portugal, no I screamed, its time share etc. So we went and had a great time, not one rep came and bothered us. She has now won a shower enclosure with a new shower etc. Yes I'm fitting it ! so, get your loved one to run the business and it may change your mind
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 9/6/17 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
I visited a bank branch last week, only to get a recorded message on the phone the same evening.
Annoyingly, they didn't use a 'withheld' or 'unavailable' number, so it got past the nuisance blocker.

Click. Brrrrrr...

I assume it's masquerading as a 'selling something' call, they have been in the past, usually.

rusty nuts

posted on 9/6/17 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Not a customer survey but in a similar vein. Last year we had a call at work trying to get us to change our electricity supplier obviously from India or similar , on telling the caller we weren't interested and hanging up he called back and told us he wanted to f### my sister ! . After him ringing back a couple more times I told him my pig had f###ed his mother and he was the result . Suprised he didn't ring back after that.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.