Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone know Derby?
JC

posted on 28/7/17 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone know Derby?

Hi All,

My Son has got an apprentiship with RR in Derby starting in September. He has been offered a share of a rental house in Bedford Street, DE22 and wants to commit to it before he loses it! Trouble is I am out of the country for the next 2-3 weeks and can't check it out by visiting! Anyone on here know the area and willing to share what that part of town is like please?

Thanks

JC

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AdrianH

posted on 28/7/17 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
I do not know the area but google maps and the roadside view could be your friend together with
https://www.crime-statistics.co.uk/postcode

Adrian

[Edited on 28-7-17 by AdrianH]

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

tims31

posted on 29/7/17 at 04:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JC
Hi All,

My Son has got an apprentiship with RR in Derby starting in September. He has been offered a share of a rental house in Bedford Street, DE22 and wants to commit to it before he loses it! Trouble is I am out of the country for the next 2-3 weeks and can't check it out by visiting! Anyone on here know the area and willing to share what that part of town is like please?

Thanks

JC

Sorry, I don't work in Derby anymore but that was exactly what I did when I worked at RR. There are lots of places like this street in Derby that have properties for rent and as you would expect, the lower priced places do tend to be in the less appealing areas of the city. Lots of council or ex-council houses in long terrace housed streets.

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

bigdrew

posted on 29/7/17 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, I'm in Derby at RR (5 years out of an apprenticeship there if you have any other questions)

Its not the best area round there (Stockbrook street has a bit of a reputation) but I'd say you could do far worse. It has always felt, to me, that the worst areas of Derby are significantly better than the poor areas of other towns. (I.E. you will only get into trouble if you go looking for it or are extremely unlucky)

How much would the rent be?

He will probably only end up there for 6 months as quite often there are a few apprentices /graduates renting and they end up sorting a house share.

bigdrew

posted on 29/7/17 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
I'd be more concerned with who he would be sharing with? Are they randoms?
He they are a known / decent bunch he will be fine

JC

posted on 29/7/17 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks - he would be sharing with a couple of guys he met at a social event organised so the new bunch of apprentices could all get together and do just this! The 2 of them are also going to RR but post degree so a couple of years older than him.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
madteg

posted on 29/7/17 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
I lived in Derby for 45 years and go back now and again to visit parents and friends. Worked all over UK contracting staying in Digs all the time,
Would not hesitate to stay around that area

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.