Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  5    6    7    8  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any one know someone with/had Cov1d 19 ???
Toys2

posted on 21/1/21 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I think it's the vagueness that rankles - I simply don't know whether I can drive 15 minutes to my favourite deserted beach or not. It's all academic, as we've chosen not to go there at the moment anyway.

As for walking round locally, we went out today and met about 6 people we know well (we stayed well separated!). I say we kept separated - a local pillock walked between us, muttering that social distancing ws a load of b*ll*cks and he wanted nothing to do with it. I don't think he heard me call him a prat... although I wasn't exactly whispering... he's an anti-social pillock at the best of times - I think he's in training to be the next village idiot!

It is a minefield, we live about 15 minutes from the Lake District, but have stopped going, as there are numerous closer walks

daviep

posted on 21/1/21 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toys2
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I think it's the vagueness that rankles - I simply don't know whether I can drive 15 minutes to my favourite deserted beach or not. It's all academic, as we've chosen not to go there at the moment anyway.

As for walking round locally, we went out today and met about 6 people we know well (we stayed well separated!). I say we kept separated - a local pillock walked between us, muttering that social distancing ws a load of b*ll*cks and he wanted nothing to do with it. I don't think he heard me call him a prat... although I wasn't exactly whispering... he's an anti-social pillock at the best of times - I think he's in training to be the next village idiot!

It is a minefield, we live about 15 minutes from the Lake District, but have stopped going, as there are numerous closer walks

Seems very sensible and I genuinely applaud that you have chosen to take a path (quite literally) that benefits others as opposed to doing exactly what you want.

I don't however agree with your minefield sentiments and I am in no way aiming this toward you.

As I see it is very simple to comply with the guidance. Stay at home, if you need to go for a walk open the door and go for a walk, no need to get in the car and go for a jolly around. I believe we end up with all these pointless and complex rules because people do not want to take personal responsibility for their decisions/actions, it is much easier to justify (to themselves mainly) that because it is technically allowed then it is OK. For example that twat Dominic Cummings travelling the length of the country because he needed childcare, we all know that was bullshit.

I still lay the blame for the mess we are in now at the feet of BoJo and the rest of the incompetent government. Piss poor wishy washy leadership, no clear message or strategy for months.

Here's a good one

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

steve m

posted on 21/1/21 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Agree, Davie, on most of your post

But i am no way a BoJo fan, infact i belevie him to be a blood relative of that major idiot and clown, Trump !!

I believe that no matter who was in power, and remained so, what would they have done for us?
Just imagine that total and utter bellend Corbyn , had he been in charge at the back in March 2020, i would imagine, we would be, even more of a laughing stock than we are now (corbyns brother highlighted this, and a bellend of the highest order)

What i dont understand, is that this world changer and needless deaths, why all the political parties, cant all rally round, and agree on a get out of jail strategy

But oh know, thats not playing fairly so they all have to think out of their tiny skulls, to make it as difficult for everyone

And we are the everyone, and we will be the ones that suffer,

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

daviep

posted on 21/1/21 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Agree, Davie, on most of your post

But i am no way a BoJo fan, infact i belevie him to be a blood relative of that major idiot and clown, Trump !!

I believe that no matter who was in power, and remained so, what would they have done for us?
Just imagine that total and utter bellend Corbyn , had he been in charge at the back in March 2020, i would imagine, we would be, even more of a laughing stock than we are now (corbyns brother highlighted this, and a bellend of the highest order)

What i dont understand, is that this world changer and needless deaths, why all the political parties, cant all rally round, and agree on a get out of jail strategy

But oh know, thats not playing fairly so they all have to think out of their tiny skulls, to make it as difficult for everyone

And we are the everyone, and we will be the ones that suffer,

In my opinion Nicola Sturgeon has handled herself well through this, her message has been very consistent the entire time and without any bluff and bluster or grandstanding. When pulled up for not wearing a mask she made no excuses merely apologised for having let the side down. She would get my vote as PM.

steve m

posted on 21/1/21 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Again Davie, i cant disagree, and although Ms Sturgeon has had her moments, i believe she has acted with the well fair of the Scottish public with the best of her intentions, She has also seemed to responded quicker in her actions, than the English Parties , who bicker and bicker between them selves

Ms Sturgeon, is quite a good leader, and it pains me to say that !! but i know you will understand,

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

JC

posted on 22/1/21 at 05:20 AM Reply With Quote
Sturgeon has played a canny game. She knows that whatever restrictions she imposes are bankrolled by the U.K. Government and thus is free to do whatever she likes regardless of the financial impact. She also is part of the Cabinet Briefings held on weekday mornings. She then goes on TV and announces what was going to be announced in advance of the Government...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daviep

posted on 22/1/21 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JC
Sturgeon has played a canny game. She knows that whatever restrictions she imposes are bankrolled by the U.K. Government and thus is free to do whatever she likes regardless of the financial impact. She also is part of the Cabinet Briefings held on weekday mornings. She then goes on TV and announces what was going to be announced in advance of the Government...

Ohh that's a good one... tell us another!

I really hope you don't actually believe any of that.

Slimy38

posted on 22/1/21 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
than the English Parties , who bicker and bicker between them selves

It's not just me who thinks that then, that's good. I know parliament is laid out so actions can be debated before approval/rejection, but whenever I've caught a bit on the news I've been waiting for someone to say 'Yeah? Well so's your mom...'

JC

posted on 22/1/21 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
quote:
Originally posted by JC

Here’s just one example.

Yes I know it’s the sun

And Furlough and other CoVid emergency funding is being centrally funded by the treasury and not by the Scottish Parliaments funding.

So I don’t see why it’s particularly controversial.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 22/1/21 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I still lay the blame for the mess we are in now at the feet of BoJo and the rest of the incompetent government. Piss poor wishy washy leadership, no clear message or strategy for months.

I can agree with you on that one - BoJo is a devious (and dangerous) waste of space. I regularly talk to my daughter who lives n Australia, and she always expresses her disbelief at the way the UK government has handled the whole business. She lives in Sydney, which is a big, busy, highly-populated city - not as big as London, but certainly equal in size to many other UK cities. They had immediate lock-downs, inter-state and international travel bans, and so on. You can count their current cases nationwide on one or two hands at the moment, and they lock down a district if any new ones appear. New Zealand are happy to have free travel between Oz and NZ at the moment, which is a clue to the control they have on the situation.

She's a bit of a worrier at the best of times, and she's particularly concerned that she wouldn't be able to do a thing if either my wife or I fell ill with Covid.

SJ

posted on 22/1/21 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Don't come on here very often now, and having read this I'm glad. Some very unpleasant or very stupid characters who have swallowed this nonsense hook line and sinker.
starterman

posted on 22/1/21 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
I read a lot of poo on here at times but this thread seems to be full of idiots who know best. If you're so fecking clever then why aren't you in charge of decision making. Hindsight, now there's a wonderful thing. The country just needs to follow the rules and stop being such a complete bunch of inbred assholes.
russbost

posted on 22/1/21 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
As it would appear no one reads my posts, or just ignores them, I will reiterate what I said earlier

"Let's just all agree to disagree, no such thing as a wrong opinion (unless it disagrees with mine! ) & keep fingers crossed that we're soon out of this mess!"

Ripping each other's throats out & name calling really isn't going to help anyone

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
David Jenkins

posted on 22/1/21 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Well said Russ...

...and, of course, no-one has to read this thread - it's not compulsory!

daviep

posted on 23/1/21 at 12:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JC
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JC

Here’s just one example.

Yes I know it’s the sun

And Furlough and other CoVid emergency funding is being centrally funded by the treasury and not by the Scottish Parliaments funding.

So I don’t see why it’s particularly controversial.

It's not controversial its just not accurate, your example from all the way back in March was nothing apart from a sensational headline. The irony is that the speech to which you are referring was the First Minister announcing the begining of social restrictions in Scotland, mass gatherings were stopped, while the PM announced England should continue hand washing. No joke you can read the PM's speech here

BoJo announces hand washing

With regard to funding of response measures of course the money will come from Westminster where else could it come from? Scotland does not collect any taxes where do you think all Scottish Parliament funding comes from?

Google Barnett formula if you wish to be properly enlightened on the subject.

Regards
Davie

<<  5    6    7    8  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.