Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Having a bit of fun
Daddylonglegs

posted on 28/7/14 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Having a bit of fun

I was looking through ads for boats for sale, came across one on Loot and so submitted a couple of questions about the boat. You have to use your email in the form, so.....

I receive an email back from the seller (apparently) and the conversation goes as follows (via email):

Lidia O Adams
"Hi,
This boat its just perfect, Immaculate condition, no damages, once with the boat you will also get all the equipment my husband had. All necessary documents available. My current location is Ellon in Scotland, i`m 56 years old, my husband died 2 months ago. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will list it on eBay for £2,700 delivered at my costs.
I decided to list it on eBay with a buy it now option and whoever wins it will be the next owner. I assume you already have an account with eBay. If not please register and let me know when you are ready so I can just email you the link.
If you'd like to secure the deal before anybody else does, then please buy it on eBay. Feel free to ask me any questions.
The deal will go strictly according to eBay Money Back Guarantee Protection Buyer rules and policy.
Thank you"

Me
"Hi, I cannot find it on eBay, could you send me the link please?"

Lidia O Adams
"I will list it now and I will send you the link through eBay. It's working as usual, you click buy it now and complete the purchase. I will send you an email once is listed. Thanks"

Lidia O Adams
"Hi, here is my listing : Shetland 570 Boat 2007
All you have to do is to click "buy it now" and follow the instructions in order to finalize this transaction. I'm waiting for your reply.
Thanks"

Me
"I am really a little confused as the listing says it finishes at 19:07 AM yesterday!! ??"

Lidia O Adams
"Hi, and so? "

Me
"But it still says 19:07 AM??"

Lidia O Adams
"Hi, relisted now sorry"

Lidia O Adams
"Hi, the listing expires on Jul 29, 2014 19:07:45 AM action for 1 day."

Me
"Do you not realise that 19:07 is PM, and if using the 24-hour clock you do not use AM or PM?? 19:07 is 7:07 PM!

Anyway, when can I arrange to view the boat please?"

Lidia O Adams
"Hi, sorry my bad ufff.. check the listing.
The boat is already into Shiply (eBay's official delivery company) custody, ready to be shipped, and only authorized eBay staff have access to it. In order to take it off SHiply, I would have to cancel the agreement with them only to sot it to you and I'm sorry but I will not do that. It is your call if you want to buy it or not. You are not the only one interested, as you can see it is a great price for a great boat. I have listed it for other potential buyers too, few of them confirmed that tey will have the money available shortly. If you want to buy it, I told you the terms, you now wha you should do. If you change your mind, that's alright for me too.
Thanks"

Me
"Well thanks for your patience.

I really am surprised that you think anyone is stupid enough to fall for this SCAM!! Firstly, your English is appalling (that means bad) and secondly, how come the boat is in Scotland when the advert says it is in the South of England? Oh, maybe that makes it really difficult for me to view with the distance so you hoped I wouldn't ask?

And as for the boat being held by eBay's holding company 'Shiply', come on, really??

Anyhow, can I suggest that you disappear back into the hole from which you crawled, and not bother anyone again!!

Oh, and by the way, you have been tracked and reported to several agencies so I'd watch over your shoulder if I were you

Have a lovely day and happy selling JERK!!"

Still waiting for the reply so I can go and view the boat......

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

robinj66

posted on 28/7/14 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one, Centurion
gremlin1234

posted on 28/7/14 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
see
http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Buying-on-eBay/I-was-looking-to-buy-a-boat-it-is-from-Scotland-and-I-Liverpool/qaq-p/1690298

partial quote...
The email I got from the 56 year old woman who had just lost her husband was identical to the one posted here.... I'm sorry to hear that people have been caught out by this, but thanks for not letting me become one of them.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 28/7/14 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Still waiting for the return email though....

Here is the link, in case anyone wants a bargain

linky

[Edited on 28/7/14 by Daddylonglegs]

Wheels244

posted on 28/7/14 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
I do this too

I spin them along for as along as I can - a minor victory, but a victory none the less.

I spun one along enough to get their bank account details - and then reported them to the Police and the account was shut down immediately.

Build Blog: http://wheels244.wordpress.com/

coozer

posted on 28/7/14 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Cash on collection.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Daddylonglegs

posted on 29/7/14 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244
I spun one along enough to get their bank account details - and then reported them to the Police and the account was shut down immediately.

Result!!

[Edited on 29/7/14 by Daddylonglegs]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.