Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: tool insurance
carlknight1982

posted on 27/2/15 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
tool insurance

I'm looking to insure my tools as I would be destroyed if I lost my tools I use for work

Question is who do you guys use if any

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

designer

posted on 27/2/15 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Take a photo of all your tools and ask your house insurance to cover them.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 27/2/15 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Direct line home cover has no specific limit for the contents of garages if workshops so as long as you have enough contents cover they will be paid out for. I also took pictures of the contents of all my drawers.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
carlknight1982

posted on 27/2/15 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
No I use them for work so need specific tool cover

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

spaximus

posted on 27/2/15 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
You have to be very careful with the wording of policies designed for home use. Direct line may well have no limit but when you claim you may find "professional tools" are excluded.

I went through every company and the only two that cover them properly are NFU and Hiscox. They are insured as engineering tools which are distinctly different to hobby tools.

A drill grinder and a few hammers and spanners is what they expect on a household policy.

Also list and photograph with date stamps what you have and add up the replacement value when you are getting cover. I have a lot of Snap on from my days as a mechanic and £10k does not go far with them tools and boxes.

Just to add, if they are in your works then check they are covered on your bosses insurance as once again, you may find that in the event of theft, if they are not in your home they may not be covered.

[Edited on 27/2/15 by spaximus]

rgrs

posted on 28/2/15 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Speak to a broker, however be warned unless you have the original receipts for all the tools don't bother making a claim.

Read the small print very carefully, there are too many exclusions on a lot of the policies.

Roger

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.