Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Co Pilot did it?
britishtrident

posted on 27/3/15 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Echos of the Moorgate tube disaster. :-(

Before any real information came on some social media was full of idiots (mainly giving locations in the USA) were using it as a opportunity to damage the reputation of Airbus.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

craig1410

posted on 27/3/15 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Particularly heart-breaking for the co-pilot's parents who were reportedly en-route by coach to the crash site with other relatives of the dead, only to be told that their son had crashed the plane on purpose! I can't imagine how they must have felt at that point!

The wreckage site it pretty shocking too - just how small the pieces are. I suppose on one hand it's comforting to know that the passengers didn't suffer after impact although knowing that they were going down for several minutes before impact would have been tough on them I expect.

One thing that does worry me a bit is the risk of pilot's being coerced into crashing their plane under threat of violence to their own loved ones. Aircraft security is probably at a high enough level these days that a direct attack would be difficult. In such cases, criminals (especially monsters such as ISIL) will look to another attack vector, and as is often the case, people can become the weak link. Even if it wasn't a threat of violence, I imagine if a pilot got into severe financial troubles there might be a temptation to commit suicide in a way that was difficult to distinguish from an accident in the hope that his/her family would be able to claim life insurance to resolve financial concerns.

Anyway, thoughts are with all those affected.

Jasongray5

posted on 27/3/15 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
The latest 'reports' are suggesting that the co-pilots ex-girlfriend was a Muslim and arranged for them both to 'holiday' at a jihad training camp. This would explain why the bloke 'disappeared' for a few weeks before he took employment with the doomed aircrafts owners.

Good onya champ. its well known, all muslims are jihadi extremists.... bellend.

How hard can it be?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33261515@N03/sets/72157611049241239/

owelly

posted on 27/3/15 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
Don't shoot the messenger!!

quote:

According to Michael Mannheimer, a writer for German PI-News, Germany now has its own 9/11, thanks to the convert to Islam, Andreas Lubitz.

Translation from German:

All evidence indicates that the copilot of Airbus machine in his six-months break during his training as a pilot in Germanwings, converted to Islam and subsequently either by the order of “radical”, ie. devout Muslims , or received the order from the book of terror, the Quran, on his own accord decided to carry out this mass murder. As a radical mosque in Bremen is in the center of the investigation, in which the convert was staying often, it can be assumed that he – as Mohammed Atta, in the attack against New York – received his instructions directly from the immediate vicinity of the mosque.

Converts are the most important weapon of Islam. Because their resume do not suggests that they often are particularly violent Muslims. Thus Germany now has its own 9/11, but in a reduced form. And so it is clear that Islam is a terrorist organization that are in accordance with §129a of the Criminal Code to prohibit it and to investigate its followers. But nothing will happen. One can bet that the apologists (media, politics, “Islamic Scholars”) will agree to assign this an act of a “mentally unstable” man, and you can bet that now, once again the mantra of how supposedly peaceful Islam is will continue. And worse still, the attacks by the left against those who have always warned against Islam, will be angrier and merciless.

For now the German Islam supporters like never before have their backs against the wall.

Michael Mannheimer, 26.3.2015

[Edited on 27/3/15 by owelly]

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
craig1410

posted on 27/3/15 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
I was thinking that too - you even put 'quotes' around some of the words to indicate scepticism. It's not like you were suggesting all muslims were jihadists.
owelly

posted on 27/3/15 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
I hope not. My cousins wedding won't be much fun if it's attended by a bunch of Jihadist Loons.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
splitrivet

posted on 27/3/15 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
According to the latest news the German police after forcing entry into the copilots flat say he must have been suffering from serious mental illness.
So what the heck was he doing flying an airliner, one for the airline itself to answer by the the sound of it.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

PAUL FISHER

posted on 27/3/15 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
You would have thought a system would be in place for Doctors to report depression and metal illness of a pilot to the CAA direct, under some sort of duty of care?
SteveWalker

posted on 27/3/15 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
How would a doctor know that someone was a pilot if the patient told them something different?
craig1410

posted on 27/3/15 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
How would a doctor know that someone was a pilot if the patient told them something different?

Doctors can already notify DVLA if they think you are medically unfit to drive so it would be a similar thing. Besides, the doctor will probably already have been asked to supply medical history information to the FAA/CAA so should be aware of the occupation of the patient.

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 27/3/15 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
The latest on that lot from the BBC:
"Prosecutors say there was no evidence of a political or religious motive for his actions and no suicide note has been found."

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

britishtrident

posted on 27/3/15 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
The fact he had been with the airline for a few years but had only 600 flying hours rang alarm bells for me that would only be about 7 months for a budget airline pilot.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

JoelP

posted on 27/3/15 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Far right groups and blogs have made up the Muslim link to stir up racial hatred. The scum 'Britain First' are all over it on Facebook. There is, to my knowledge, no official mention of this aspect.

On a side note, congratulations, you took that bellend comment with immense grace! We all know you're not.

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Don't shoot the messenger!!

quote:

According to Michael Mannheimer, a writer for German PI-News, Germany now has its own 9/11, thanks to the convert to Islam, Andreas Lubitz.

Translation from German:

All evidence indicates that the copilot of Airbus machine in his six-months break during his training as a pilot in Germanwings, converted to Islam and subsequently either by the order of “radical”, ie. devout Muslims , or received the order from the book of terror, the Quran, on his own accord decided to carry out this mass murder. As a radical mosque in Bremen is in the center of the investigation, in which the convert was staying often, it can be assumed that he – as Mohammed Atta, in the attack against New York – received his instructions directly from the immediate vicinity of the mosque.

Converts are the most important weapon of Islam. Because their resume do not suggests that they often are particularly violent Muslims. Thus Germany now has its own 9/11, but in a reduced form. And so it is clear that Islam is a terrorist organization that are in accordance with §129a of the Criminal Code to prohibit it and to investigate its followers. But nothing will happen. One can bet that the apologists (media, politics, “Islamic Scholars”) will agree to assign this an act of a “mentally unstable” man, and you can bet that now, once again the mantra of how supposedly peaceful Islam is will continue. And worse still, the attacks by the left against those who have always warned against Islam, will be angrier and merciless.

For now the German Islam supporters like never before have their backs against the wall.

Michael Mannheimer, 26.3.2015

[Edited on 27/3/15 by owelly]

[Edited on 27/3/15 by JoelP]

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

BenB

posted on 27/3/15 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
There are two scary things about that quote

1) that the person who wrote it thought people would be stupid to believe it and not see it for what it is
2) that people actually are willing to believe it

I particularly like the conspiracy bit at the end- the bit which suggests that of course the 'media' and politicians will tell you he was just crazy. And the more they deny it the more it's true. Yeh. We know the truth really, don't we (wink wink). The media and the politicians are conspiring with the lizard people to develop a moonbase so that Elvis, Lord Lucan and the Lock Ness monster can join forces on the lunar surface, enabling them (with the help of the tooth fairy and Santa Claus) to control our thoughts with telepathy. Get out the tinfoil hats people, it's true I tell ye. Yeeee haaaaa!

Either the person that wrote it is f#cking stupid or they think I am! Radicalism of any form is wrong and sadly the writing in that quote demonstrates that the author is just as sick and naive a fanatic as any in this world.

It's amazing how many people either believe in or dislike/hate a particular religion they've never actually looked into in much depth! It's a bit like saying you like / dislike a movie you've never seen. How do you know?

I guess fundamentally some people need something to believe in and the important thing becomes the belief rather than a belief in anything in particular. Can't they just choose a football team to follow and be done with it?

Jasongray5

posted on 28/3/15 at 01:18 AM Reply With Quote
My appologies,
In the heat of the moment, I felt like a real keyboard warrior.
Living in Australia has made us much more aware of different cultures and belifes, and to be honest, I am sick to death of the facebook feed from my uk friends and their, simple, narrow minded views of muslims.
Once agian, sorry.

How hard can it be?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33261515@N03/sets/72157611049241239/

craig1410

posted on 28/3/15 at 01:34 AM Reply With Quote
Good on ya'
02GF74

posted on 28/3/15 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
One of the better quites from this story was from a relative, possibly facther of one of the deceased.

Said he was not angry but felt very sorry for the parents of the co pilot.

Bottom line is if somebody wants to do something crazy, short of locking everybody on the planet in a room, you wont prevent it.

steve m

posted on 28/3/15 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
As BT had mentioned, the hours do not add up 600 hours in six years is quite an incredible feet,

Were I currently work (25 years) our Pilots are contracted to 750 a year, with a legal maximum of 900
pretty well 90% of them will work into the 700-770 a year or pro rata'd for part time

We do have part time contracts, but this is only given to Pilots who have achieved certain criteria
I believe it to be 5000 hours and 2000 on type

All short haul Airline Pilots will be in the 800 plus per year, so how did this guy only achieve 600 in six years ?

it would seam he has had an awful lot of time off, and this will come out soon

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

sdh2903

posted on 28/3/15 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
He only started flying In 2013, Still low though. Pilots where I work are all worked pretty much up to the max 900.
steve m

posted on 28/3/15 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
yes you are right in qualifying in 2013, but just to get to that stage of flying requires hundreds of hours learning, plus his gliding hours will count towards the total so 600 total hours for a commercial Pilot is a very very low figure

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

sdh2903

posted on 28/3/15 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I doubt the 630 hours quoted in the press is total hours and more likely since qualification. It's 500 hours minimum to get an ATPL. As he completed training in house with lufthansa (v highly regarded) he probably did more than minimum. And as you rightly say he would have had PPL and glider hours on top.

Whichever way you look at it he wasn't exactly highly experienced and in days gone by that amount of hours would not have got you in a position to be left in soul command of a jet with 150 souls on board.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.