Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Couriers
craig5

posted on 22/7/15 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Couriers

where do I stand I sent a diff for next day delivery and was collected 9 days ago and new owner still not received I used parcels2go and they used yodel and every time I message parcels2go they just fob me off with 1 lie after another Ive tried to contact yodel and it's all automated grrrrrr
loggyboy

posted on 22/7/15 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Yodel suck, as do myhermes. Always found parcel2go to be fairly helpful though. just keep hounding them?

Mistral Motorsport

craig5

posted on 22/7/15 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
I don't like the fact there performance is reflecting on me just had right go and they just disconnected me lol
r1_pete

posted on 22/7/15 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Parcel2go have gone over and above to help me get a parcel re directed, that I addressed wrongly, bloody postcode / address lookup!!.

I think it depends who you speak to, and the help chat isn't very easy to find, but keep talking to them, they should raise a claim for you to complete some detail on, don't give up.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 22/7/15 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
I watched my new cam wing its way across the US, fly across the pond, through customs, up from the hub to the delivery depot and onto the delivery van. Result: Vanished!

That was myHermes, they didnt want to know, only protection for me was it was through ebay but as the seller your probably stuffed.. Did you take the insurance?

Keep onto them, its probably lying on the floor of the depot with the packaging smashed to bits and will end up on the pallet that goes for auction....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

minitici

posted on 22/7/15 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Did you drain the oil out of it and plug the vent hole before you sent the diff?

I have had a differential sent to me which leaked and there was considerable delay as the courier company had to clean up the mess and re-package the diff in an oil tight box (Parcelforce - full marks for actually doing this)

If that happened with Yodel I bet your parcel went in the skip.....

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 22/7/15 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Parcel2Go - a name that makes me cringe at just the sight of it. All first-hand experience, so I think I am OK to say I will never ever use them again. EVER. Not even if they paid me. The story goes;

I bought 5 new tyres on eBay for my Defender from a guy in Southampton, with the proviso that it was collection or arrange your own courier. So I did the latter, and chose Parcel2Go after recommendation from a few people. It's worth noting that not all their suppliers will accept tyres or car parts, but Yodel (their sub-contractor) does.

I arranged collection on Tuesday for Thursday of that week, but because the seller wasn't around on that day I re-scheduled for the Friday (all notified on Tuesday). Thursday came and went, yet the courier still attempted delivery, despite me advising them no-one would be in. They returned Friday, collected 5 tyres, and scanned them as collected. 5 tyres made it back to the depot that evening. That night, 5 tyres were scanned as leaving the Southampton depot and 2 were sent to Hatfield, and 2 to Basildon (I'm based in Chelmsford, Essex), and scanned in as received. The fifth tyre was apparently not received by either depot.

Tuesday daytime, 4 tyres were left at the side of my house, in an unsecure location, in full sight of any passers-by. Card left through letterbox saying left by property, but computer printout shows 4 tyres as signed for and left with a neighbour.

I complained and raised a claim, as per the Parcels2Go website. It's worth noting that I paid for additional insurance to cover the value of replacement tyres (£92 each, £460 value in total). The amount you pay for insurance is based upon the value of goods, as the standard delivery service has a £0 liability. At first P2G argued, and said that they would not pay out anything and that I had to take it up with Yodel. Then they said I would have to make a claim, and I provided them with all required information (tyre make, size, colour, weight etc.) as well as collection and delivery notes from Yodel and their own scanning system. Have to wait min. 48hrs for them to try and find the item, but they agreed it was lost and would have to pay for a replacement. I sent them links to websites and local garages showing the cost of replacement item as £92, but they refuted the amount and refused to pay.

I gave them the option to source a new tyre to same specification, and either deliver it to me or purchase at a location within 10 miles of my address, but they still refused and said it was not covered up to the £92 value. They eventually asked for proof of purchase which I sent them, but as I only paid £75 each for the tyres, that is all they were prepared to offer me. I argued and said that I could not replace a single tyre for that amount, and cost of replacement was £92. As the item was insured for a specific value, the job was accepted and undertaken on those grounds. My contract was with them, and their subby was negligent (which they admitted), but that was their problem - my contract was with them. I eventually had to threaten them with legal action through the Small Claims Court, and gave them a deadline of 10 working days before I would file paperwork with the Courts. On day 9 they e-mailed me saying they would refund me the £92 plus the pro-rata cost of shipping, minus the additional insurance paid. Or I could accept the amount plus a token £10 "bonus" if I used it as credit with Parcels2Go. Not a chance.

Poor customer service at best, and when one of their operatives called me (a rare event indeed), he was incredibly rude, obnoxious, patronising, and ended up being threatening. A waste of 3 weeks of to-ing and fro-ing that could all have been avoided if someone had just used common sense, looked at it logically, and agreed the pay-out early on.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

kj

posted on 22/7/15 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
I have used my Hermes no problems but after the last time not sure, all as per weights and dims then recieved an e-mail which was vague to say either weight or size did not meet the origial spec ? you can either pay £10.90 extra to cover please do not reply as this is automated e-mail, if payment is not made withing 24 hrs the parcel will be disposed of.
I had all ready given the buyer the cost of packaging so did not want to go back to him so stumpped up the extra.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

big_wasa

posted on 22/7/15 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
I posted a diff with them. Cleaned it best I could and send it on its way. They lost it for 5 weeks. When they did find it they said the packing showed traces of oil and gave me two choices.

300 mile round trip to fetch it or they would bin it .

DapperRob

posted on 22/7/15 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Parcel2go are just a broker, but as far as the go they are quite good imho.
Never had a good experience with Yodel or MyHermes, mind. Who throws a box marked "FRAGILE GLASS" over a fence?!

bowood14

posted on 22/7/15 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Diffs seem to be a problem for them! I had one go missing for 5 weeks, they paid out on insurance then delivered item re packed as they could smell oil. Best thing make sure it is packaged very well and use A good company may cost a bit more but doesn't get delivered by a monkey delivering in their car
big_wasa

posted on 22/7/15 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
ahhhh

My turn for a rant. I've sold a couple of bits to clear some space. I've logged into p2go and Half the services have gone, the prices have gone up and one wont even take a parcel 7kg and the size of a banana box

kj

posted on 22/7/15 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Also had a Kawasaki green nose cone go missing, they found it after chasing for weeks.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

craig5

posted on 22/7/15 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
parcels2go havent been too bad but yodel have constanly lied and have changed a reason for non delivery on daily basis
02GF74

posted on 22/7/15 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
You know what they say, if you pay peanuts, you get minkeys.

Most of the time it goes smoothly and ends up being good value but when it goes wrong, you just wantr to pull your own head off. Trying to getf to speak to someone is impossible, sending emails you just get the runaround as the company passes the buck to the courier who passes it back . . ,. and on it gies. Ggrrrrrrrr..

cliftyhanger

posted on 22/7/15 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Just started using P4D and their parcelforce service. All very good so far, and cheap (diff to scotland £12, and paid for a larger but lighter pachkage from teh highlands at teh same cost)
Yes, cheaper available, but after massive problems with lost stuff and P2G knowing where they delivered it, but couldn't tell me for "data protection" I stopped using them, (and they refused to pay out on a technicality)

scootz

posted on 23/7/15 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
My turn!

I'd used Interparcel for years - no real problems - just a handful of failed pick-ups, but that's no big deal. Probably made them a few hundred pounds in commission over the term.

That's until I sent 4 wheels via their 'Premium' service! I even paid £20 extra to fully insure the contents. The entire fee was over £50.

I went to the trouble of putting old tyres on the rims to protect them in transit, and then I cut cardboard discs to protect the wheel faces. These discs were doubled up on each face and then 'rounded' over the tyres. Each individual package was then covered 100% in industrial parcel tape. Nothing was exposed. It took me ages!

So they get uplifted, and the driver even remarks how neat the packaging is.

They're delivered on time and without any problems. Great!

A couple of weeks later I get a letter from Interparcel telling me that the courier has charged them almost £17.28 because my parcels were not wrapped in cardboard. I am apparently now due Interparcel that extra money.

I wrote back and explained how I had wrapped them in cardboard, but that it may not have been immediately obvious as the whole lot was covered in parcel tape. I then offered my wife and the recipient as witnesses to the fact that the parcels were wrapped as I stated.

The reply tells me that 3 eye-witnesses (me being one of them) is not good enough. Hmmmm. The testimony of 2 eye witnesses can get you convicted of murder in the High Court, but it's apparently not good enough to defend yourself against a claim of a parcel not being properly wrapped!

Nope, I should have taken photo's. Apparently! That's the only evidence they will accept to defend my case. I pointed out that it was unreasonable to expect folk to take photo's of parcels before they sent them, but no, I'm wrong - I should have done. Tough!

I then ask that they send me the photo's taken by whoever has made the claim that my parcels were not wrapped in cardboard so that I could then talk them through what lay beneath the parcel tape. Nope - they can't do that... the courier hasn't taken any pictures!

I pointed out that it was farcical to expect me to take pictures when wrapping my items and that my three my three eye-witnesses were not sufficient to defend my case, but it's fine for a company to demand money on the basis of one eye-witness and no photo's.

They then changed their tack... apparently the wheels should have been in cardboard - BOXES! Got me there.

I'm not paying it! They can take me to the small claims if they want. I'm done with their service!

It's Evolution Baby!

r1_pete

posted on 23/7/15 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Scootz the burden of proof in court is with the accuser, so Interparcel have to prove your parcel wasn't in cardboard, not for you to prove it was, stick it out......
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cliftyhanger

posted on 23/7/15 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
That is just nasty and ill thought out on their part. Have you checked what it says on the packaging guidelines? There is so much stuff sent not in cardboard boxes that it is farcical.
Have they said the fee is a repackaging fee or is it a fine? I can't see how they can fine you...

I have often used interparcel as they seem the most helpful when things go wrong, but I guess we all know that things in the competitive market are constantly changing.

scootz

posted on 23/7/15 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
They haven't said what the fee is actually for - it appears to just be a fine of some sort!

Got another letter from them... states 'as you are aware we have incurred surcharges due to the shipment not being encased in cardboard'.

Seem the 'box' is no longer a requirement!

It's Evolution Baby!

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 23/7/15 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Essentially what they're saying is hearsay. Nothing to do with the 2001 ITV Popstars TV show winners, but that it's their word against yours. If the items were collected and delivered, then they have accepted the contract of payment for delivery. If the packages weren't wrapped to correct specification, they should have either not collected them in the first place, or collected and held onto them, having taken pictures themselves, before requesting additional monies.

Stand your ground, they obviously want more contributions for their management Christmas party!

[Edited on 23/7/15 by Charlie_Zetec]

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

scootz

posted on 23/7/15 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote

It's Evolution Baby!

furryeggs

posted on 23/7/15 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
ipostparcels.com (parcel pete). posted well over 100 items of varying sizes and wieghts and never an issue or lost parcel. Next day from £4.29.
02GF74

posted on 23/7/15 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Well you live and learn. On interparcel website, prohibited items.

Any item that is not boxed

Still they should not have accepted it.

sdh2903

posted on 23/7/15 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
I had 4 wheels collected by parcelforce (booked through interparcel) that I bought unseen off eBay. They turned up individually wrapped each in a bin bag and a bit of brown tape!! 2 of which had detached completely. They never batted an eyelid. Guess I better awate my fine!!
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.