Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nuisance calls
prelude1980

posted on 25/1/16 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Nuisance calls

over the past week i've been getting 2 -3 calls per day from different landline numbers to my mobile. I've answered about 4 of these calls but they are completely silent and the call finishes within 2 -3 seconds.

Getting fed up of these i've called 2 of these different numbers back only for them to be met with music from the out start so i'm guessing a scam to get you to call but i have no way of blocking these numbers as they are completely different everytime

What can i do EE are useless

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what
gets you.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/dodd1980

BenB

posted on 25/1/16 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
I just leave my mobile on silent apart from the priority numbers (IE people I know) which have silence over-ride. Sorts that type of BS out.
prelude1980

posted on 25/1/16 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
I just leave my mobile on silent apart from the priority numbers (IE people I know) which have silence over-ride. Sorts that type of BS out.

Ah thats not a bad idea. just frustrating as i never give out my number, i'm subscribed to the TPS service as well.

gets you.

Wadders

posted on 25/1/16 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Calling them back can be a risky business, you might get a shock when the bill arrives

I've got a call blocker on my android phone, which sorts out a lot of the crap, and my phone automatically tells you the call region so if i see someone is calling from the other end of the country i simply don't answer, if its important they will leave a message.

morcus

posted on 25/1/16 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
A work colleague got tricked by a scam where you call them back and it plays the ringer tone, but answers pretty much instantly at a premium rate, if you do call back use the speaker phone so you can see if they're doing this.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

prelude1980

posted on 25/1/16 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wadders
Calling them back can be a risky business, you might get a shock when the bill arrives

I've got a call blocker on my android phone, which sorts out a lot of the crap, and my phone automatically tells you the call region so if i see someone is calling from the other end of the country i simply don't answer, if its important they will leave a message.

i have whoscall on my phone that does that, i did use the work phone so it's not on my bill LOL
Just really frustrating have 2-3 calls per day for the past week that i can't stop short of putting my phone on silent which can be an inconvenience.

gets you.

lsdweb

posted on 25/1/16 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
I have an app called Should I Answer? Corny name and awful icon but a really good app for cutting out the cr*p calls - comes with a list of nuisance numbers.

Wyn

Sam_68

posted on 25/1/16 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Have you got the number registered on TPS?

It seems to work for me, on both landline and mobile (I'm with EE too, for what it's worth).

britishtrident

posted on 25/1/16 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Easy solution just download the Mr Number app

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.