Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Mobil phone
jacko

posted on 12/8/16 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
New Mobil phone

I'm looking for a new Mobil phone and i like Samsung phones I don't want to pay the earth but quite like the J3 has anyone got one and what do you think of it
Good and bad parts please
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 12/8/16 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
We switched from Samsung to HTC more bang per buck and much better Android version without the Samsung bloatware

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

roadrunner

posted on 12/8/16 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Just upgraded the wife's phone. Decided to go with the Samsung Galaxy A3.
Really surprised with the quality of the phone. I'm used to the S range and was surprised with the feel and quality of the camera.
Managed to get it for £14 a month with Vodafone.

Toys2

posted on 12/8/16 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
We bought my son the new J3 on TalkMobile as his first phone, he's a bit of a techy and is very pleased with it
benchmark51

posted on 14/8/16 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
I had a galaxy s2 for 2 years and it was faultless. Replaced it with a s4, which was a bit flaky at times, kept rebooting and sometimes just turn off altogether especially when trying to play video. Then after 18 months I broke the screen. Bought a new screen and fitted it myself (dead easy). Still played up though so I bought a new battery and 'hey presto' the phone was perfect. Had it 3 years now, not sure a new one is going to offer anything more. I get my phones on ebay, new and boxed, no contract (giffgaff) and have saved loads.
nick205

posted on 15/8/16 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
We have a Samsung "Smart" TV - OK, but the older Panasonic TV we had was quicker and easier to use IMHO.

We have a Samsung "PVR" - OK, but the older PVR we had (forget the brand, but not Samsung) was quicker and easier to use IMHO.

I have a Samsung "Mobile" Galaxy S5 Mini - OK, but older HTC One S was better IMHO.

Samsung is termed "Samshite" in our house and I'm of a mind to look for other brands myself.

That said I'm sure some of their stuff is OK it's just not for me.

big_wasa

posted on 15/8/16 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Got my wife and my son a j3 and they are both very pleased. My son hated the Nokia windows phone.

I've had a play with one and thought it was great but the camera was no where near as good as my s4.

Other than the s4 battery problems I still can't bring my self to pay up for an s7 yet.

[Edited on 15/8/16 by big_wasa]

Ivan

posted on 15/8/16 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
I have a Samsung S2 that's all of five years old and am very happy with it and have yet to find anything it can't do that matters - will only replace it when it fails so hopefully it will last another few years. Can't see the point of spending good quality laptop money an a phone.

With respect to your question I am sure that the J3 is far more advanced than the S2 so should do everything a sane person would want.

[Edited on 15/8/16 by Ivan]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.