Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Big event in North Yorkshire area last Sunday?
David Jenkins

posted on 7/10/16 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Big event in North Yorkshire area last Sunday?

I was driving down from Scotlandshire last Sunday and encountered a HUGE amount of traffic not long after joining the A1 south of Scotch Corner. Few lorries, mostly cars, and no significant road works - just a very high volume of traffic. Traffic jams in many places that petered out after a few miles as traffic eventually opened up.

I didn't have any problems when I drove up on the Monday 2 weeks earlier, and at that time I couldn't see any problems in the opposite direction; there were loads of lorries on the road then as well, in both directions.

I was wondering if there was a big event somewhere in that area, and I was just unlucky to catch the going-home traffic as I drove south... this must have added at least 2 hours to an already long journey.

owelly

posted on 7/10/16 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Friday and Sunday evenings are often crammed with folks heading to/from holiday homes. It could just be that you encountered!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 7/10/16 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Was there any thing going on at Croft circuit ?
jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Theshed

posted on 7/10/16 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
I hate to admit this but it is my fault.....that and about 1000 other sets of parents dropping their darlings off to freshers week at Durham. I have never seen such a mass of Range Rovers that had never gone further that Waitrose before....

Sorry

David Jenkins

posted on 7/10/16 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Theshed
I hate to admit this but it is my fault.....that and about 1000 other sets of parents dropping their darlings off to freshers week at Durham. I have never seen such a mass of Range Rovers that had never gone further that Waitrose before....

Sorry

Can't say that I noticed many 4x4s, but I did see driving that would make M25 drivers go "Oh, that's a bit dodgy".

But I'll blame you anyway!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.