Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Heat pump tumble dryers
ChrisW

posted on 10/12/16 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Heat pump tumble dryers

Our 22-year old Bosch has given up the ghost so I have been tasked with buying a new dryer.

Want a condenser really as currently we stick the pipe out of the window which is a bit inconvenient in the winter.

My Mrs seems to be allergic to drying anything on the line - every bit of washing goes in the dryer - so I am tempted by one of these heat pump dryers that apparently use less electricity. Makes sense being a heat pump I guess - the theory says you get about 3x yield in heat energy out and I assume they use the cold evaporator to condense the water out of the air.

But I'm put off a little by claims that they take a lot longer to dry. The manufacturers seem to claim about 20% longer which sounds fine, but some reviews suggest twice as long as a regular condenser which I wouldn't want.

Has anyone actually got a heat pump dryer and can offer any first hand experience?

For info, the one that looks favourite is the Bosch WTW85491GB (http://ao.com/product/wtw85491gb-bosch-serie-6-condenser-tumble-dryer-white-41107-18.aspx)

Thanks, Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.