Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Paypal advice
jelly head

posted on 23/3/17 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Paypal advice

I'm after some advice about PayPal if anyone can help.

I'd ordered an item from a website and payed with paypal. It did say on the website that the item would take 3-4 weeks to be manufactured.

I gave it 5 weeks and didn't hear anything so emailed the company, they didn't reply to me to i raised a case with paypal.

Needless to say the company was straight in touch saying the item will be despatched next week but they wont be able to send it while the dispute is open as they haven't been paid.

I've had a look at paypal and it reads as if once you've closed the case you can't dispute it again, i don't really want to close it in case the item doesn't turn up after all.

Does anyone know if a case can be reopened? Also i'd have thought they'd have got the money in the first place or is this not the case with businesses?

BenB

posted on 23/3/17 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Can-I-reopen-a-closed-dispute-FAQ809

Nope.

The money is held by Paypal until the dispute is resolved (it will have been sent to their Paypal account but then made inaccessible during the dispute. If they can prove the item was sent to you the dispute would be closed by Paypal and they get paid.

johnemms

posted on 23/3/17 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Call paypal .. very good at sorting stuff out ..

Own chassis & Build - First time pass!!
"7's" aren't really "cars", they are 'experiences"

loggyboy

posted on 23/3/17 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
Tell the supplier that the dispute wont be closed until the item is received. If they want there money they should have responded earlier.

Mistral Motorsport

bonzoronnie

posted on 23/3/17 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Do not close your Paypal dispute until you have the goods paid for.

As said once closed, the seller will have access to the funds & may or may not send out your goods.

It is typical behavior of a poor seller, will ignore all communications right up to the point Paypal get involved.
Then as if by magic, they want to talk.

As advice given, let Paypal know that the seller is pressing you to close the dispute prior to you goods being dispatched ( This is in violation of Paypal policy )

Hope issue is resolved for you.

Slimy38

posted on 23/3/17 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bonzoronnie
Do not close your Paypal dispute until you have the goods paid for.

As said once closed, the seller will have access to the funds & may or may not send out your goods.

It is typical behavior of a poor seller, will ignore all communications right up to the point Paypal get involved.
Then as if by magic, they want to talk.

As advice given, let Paypal know that the seller is pressing you to close the dispute prior to you goods being dispatched ( This is in violation of Paypal policy )

Hope issue is resolved for you.

I agree with all of the above. I got in this position, actually with an item off Ebay (so in theory more protection). I opened a dispute, they said they wouldn't go any further as they can't get their money, so I closed the dispute. I never heard from them again, and I couldn't do anything. Fortunately it was only a few pounds, but I learned my lesson.

Follow Paypal's rules, not the sellers.

jelly head

posted on 23/3/17 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you all for the advice. It's much appreciated.

It's the first time i've had an issue like this, guess i've probably been lucky up to now.

benchmark51

posted on 24/3/17 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Definitely do not close the case, progress it and ask for a full refund. You have already lost a lot of time waiting and nothing is going to change that, don't worsen it by losing your money too.

Personally I would let everyone know what the item was and which firm it was. It may prevent someone else suffering the same.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.