Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Still alive?
40inches

posted on 15/3/21 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Still alive?

I thought the site had died this time. Fingers crossed the resuscitation has worked
nick205

posted on 17/3/21 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I thought the site had died this time. Fingers crossed the resuscitation has worked

I thought it had finally gone pffft as well.

bi22le

posted on 17/3/21 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
So in prep for when it does go, what is the 2nd best car forum on the web.

I am a member of most FB kit car groups and non are as active or fun as this one.

The other worrying thing is if we can still get access to archive information from LCB. I know you can do a Google search that hits one particular website, I am unsure if it works for the site if it is down though.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/3/21 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
No you won’t have access to the info, you just get an error.

Problem is a lot of this sites value is all the info it holds. If there has been a question regarding getting a homebuilt complete it has been already answered in here, probably quite a few times too. There’s also people on there with skills and knowledge beyond mere mortals and loosing access to them is a huge loss. Simply changing to another forum won’t cut it. I did have a look at the Facebook site during the outage and could not make head nor tail of it and it’s not a patch on a real forum.

It would be good to hear from the admin folk what the plans are, maybe an explanation of the issues too. Perhaps it does need a new home and owner, I don’t know. The forum is still very relevant and extremely helpful to many, including me.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Werner Van Loock

posted on 19/3/21 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
web.archive.org

It's the wayback engine that takes snapshots of webpages, almost everything is in there but not the posts wich is a shame, but pictures are all there as is the memberlist etc... It's a static copy, so searching will be a pain but it's there, you can also ask to index a page if it isn't, I'll try to het at least the sticky posts in there. If you think there's something else missing, you can add it too.

http://www.clubstylus.be

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.