Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Sports cars look like they are taking over RAW
bi22le

posted on 25/3/21 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
MK Sports cars look like they are taking over RAW

In a couple of days on FB MK Sportcars are doing a workshop walk resulting in some big news.

Rumour is that they are taking on the Striker, Phoenix and Fulcrum.

With the brick wall a few have had trying to get support, this is great news for JPSC owners.

If it is true.....

[Edited on 25/3/21 by bi22le]

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

peter030371

posted on 25/3/21 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
I am not sure why they told me to subscribe to there YouTube channel to find out 'the news' at the weekend. I have better things to do than hang on every word! If they have taken over the project why not just say 'yes we have'?
loggyboy

posted on 25/3/21 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Taking over the market as they picked up AB a few months back.
Just hope they are out of the habit of using duttons to register them.

Mistral Motorsport

peter030371

posted on 26/3/21 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

I think with the AB deal they got the rights to any BEC parts but not any of the cars from AB.

They already have a 6 'options' for 7 style cars so are they just after the Phoenix and the Fulcrum? Do they have room for the Striker in the line up? Having said that I shared a garage at Brands with an Indy R it was amazing how much bigger it was than my Striker...if built in the same way and with the same parts/budget a Striker should be lighter as its always going to be smaller

INDY BIRD

posted on 26/3/21 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Loggyboy,

your well out of date on who owns Mk then now then,

slander , that is to say they do that type of thing when you dont know anything about them, That's what gives companies a bad reputation without you even knowing facts,

come on your better than that support the scene dont destroy it with throw away comments,

We love kitcars hence reason we use the great forums etc, but get the facts first is all i will say,

cheers all

Flick

posted on 26/3/21 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Don’t own an MK but......
Since the guys ‘down south’ took over, always found them very helpful and easy to deal with.
I did get chance to visit the factory last year whilst working nearby, looked a well organised and professional outfit.
It’s clear they are enthusiasts.
Be good news if the rumours are true. Do own a striker.

[Edited on 26/3/21 by Flick]

loggyboy

posted on 26/3/21 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD
Loggyboy,

slander , that is to say they do that type of thing when you dont know anything about them, That's what gives companies a bad reputation without you even knowing facts,

come on your better than that support the scene dont destroy it with throw away comments,

We love kitcars hence reason we use the great forums etc, but get the facts first is all i will say,

cheers all

You may well be right, maybe its better to highlight their abuse Charity trackdays as promotion days and make a profit on selling the charity tracktime.

Mistral Motorsport

loggyboy

posted on 26/3/21 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peter030371
quote:

I think with the AB deal they got the rights to any BEC parts but not any of the cars from AB.

They already have a 6 'options' for 7 style cars so are they just after the Phoenix and the Fulcrum? Do they have room for the Striker in the line up? Having said that I shared a garage at Brands with an Indy R it was amazing how much bigger it was than my Striker...if built in the same way and with the same parts/budget a Striker should be lighter as its always going to be smaller

Funnily the AB Front engine cars were based on the striker as AB used be agents for Raw, so they already have a good base.

Mistral Motorsport

INDY BIRD

posted on 26/3/21 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Again as above old owners, mk changed hands near 6 years ago now, and wasn’t under current owners regime when stupid things like what you mentioned happened, 6 years and you still bring this up, wow come on this isn’t anything to do with current setup,

But hey it’s your opinion but things move on change happens but still tarred with the old brush,

Perhaps one day a line will be drawn under it or perhaps in ten years time it will still be brought up hey Ho,

All the best

Flick

posted on 26/3/21 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Loggyboy,

cheers all

You may well be right, maybe its better to highlight their abuse Charity trackdays as promotion days and make a profit on selling the charity tracktime.

Charity trackday - That was previous owner, 100% not MK as it is today.
Dutton V5 thing, 100% previous owner.

If you have no idea, why write stuff like this???

loggyboy

posted on 27/3/21 at 01:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Again as above old owners, mk changed hands near 6 years ago now, and wasn’t under current owners regime when stupid things like what you mentioned happened, 6 years and you still bring this up, wow come on this isn’t anything to do with current setup,

But hey it’s your opinion but things move on change happens but still tarred with the old brush,

Perhaps one day a line will be drawn under it or perhaps in ten years time it will still be brought up hey Ho,

All the best

Happened 5 years ago. So if your correct in your 6 yrs then it was them http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=203283&page=1

Mistral Motorsport

sdh2903

posted on 27/3/21 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Loggyboy. It's pretty common knowledge that it was the previous owners of MK who were the unscrupulous ones. If you have beef with them I suggest you take it up directly with them. It's totally unfair to publicly slander the new company without any real reason to do so. This industry is thinning as it is, without guys like the new owners it would be dying off even quicker.

It's like us slagging you off for some sh!t driving moves in your race car that were made well before you bought it. Would that be fair?

You should edit your posts as any new potential mk customers googling for info could come accross your wildy inaccurate statements. That's not fair or deserved by the new owners.

[Edited on 27/3/21 by sdh2903]

roadrunner

posted on 27/3/21 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
That MK was based in Rotherham.
New one is darn sarf.

What ever happened in the past stays in the past.
People make mistakes.

The new owners seem to be helping this industry and doing everything positive.

I for one give them my big thumbs up.

Flick

posted on 27/3/21 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Wrong dates is all.
Was at Blyton that day, when ‘DK’ ran MK sports cars and they were based South Yorkshire.
After all the naughty business was exposed, ‘DK’ left and it was taken over by current guys in Essex.

Sure they’ll be threads on here regarding this. Takeover was also well documented in the kit car mags.

https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/3/viewthread.php?tid=206859

https://www.totalkitcar.com/2016/12/01/mk-indy-project-sold-to-kit-car-direct/

[Edited on 27/3/21 by Flick]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.