Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do you know anybody with Chronic Fatigue / ME ?
Jasper

posted on 28/9/07 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
Do you know anybody with Chronic Fatigue / ME ?

Apparently there are over 250,000 with Chronic Fatigue / ME in the UK now, which is a staggering amount. If you know anybody that has this please do pass on this information as a lot of people don't know this exists.

My wife suffered with ME for over 7 years, and my best friends girlfriend had it for over 18 years. They both got well over a year ago now using a new technique called The Lightning Process.

This has received quite a lot of media coverage as Esther Ransons daughter recovered from ME - as did Austin Healey's (ex England Rugby International) wife.

I was so impressed with the process (I sat in and watched the 3 day sessions) that I've spent the last year training in how to do it.

I had my first client last week, he had not walked more than 100 yards without a walking stick and has done no work for the last 15 years, he spent most of the time at home 'resting' and generally feeling very ill - he's 49 years old. A week later and he's back to the way he was before getting ME, he's now looking for work, starting to get fit again (he used to do Karate) and generally having a life.

If you know anybody that might be interested you can point them at our website:

Phoenix

Or send me a u2u and I'll give you my phone number.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic - but it might help someone out there.

[Edited on 28/9/07 by Jasper]

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 28/9/07 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Jasper,

I don't know anyone who suffers from ME but what you're doing sounds really interesting, and I just wanted to wish you good luck with it. I'll be sure to keep you in mind if I ever do meet anybody who could use your help.

I like your website too, nice and simple and easy to read.

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 28/9/07 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
But who's going to look after all the teddy bears?

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 28/9/07 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
My girlfriend has M.E and I've read into the lightning process just recently, she has a friend who used it to recover and is now trained in it herself. Would be nice to ask a few questions about it
Jasper

posted on 28/9/07 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
My girlfriend has M.E and I've read into the lightning process just recently, she has a friend who used it to recover and is now trained in it herself. Would be nice to ask a few questions about it

Ask away

The bears will be looked after Ned, don't worry

britishtrident

posted on 28/9/07 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
One of the things to watch for with ME is that the symptoms can actually be undiagnosed Bi-polar disorder.

Happened to somebody very close to me. ME is a bugger but Bi-Polar is truly horrendous.

One other thing it is worth reading up on the benefits of taking fish oil capsules particular "High EPA Fish Oil" -- look it up on the internet particular anything by Dr Andrew Stoll ----

[Edited on 28/9/07 by britishtrident]

stuart_g

posted on 28/9/07 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jasper,

Good luck with this, it sounds very interesting.

How are you getting on with the brakes you bought from me?

Cheers
Stu.

Jasper

posted on 28/9/07 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stuart_g
Hi Jasper,

Good luck with this, it sounds very interesting.

How are you getting on with the brakes you bought from me?

Cheers
Stu.

Thanks Stu

Brakes are on the car - cars a long way from driveable though .......

Jasper

posted on 28/9/07 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hicost
Hi mate,

Whos this then "Charlotte Farrant" sounds very nice! Will she work with you in the new IKEA style office!

Anyway, what sort of BHP gains can I expect from this service.....

Charlotte Farrant is my mates GF who had ME for 18 years - defintely not my type .....

BHP gains is not what you need - you need somebody with a sense of time and direction

wilkingj

posted on 28/9/07 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Dont think I have any of the above problems ie ME or Bi Polar.

I suffered from GBS (www.gbs.org.uk for info) 15 years ago, and have never been right since.

Just dont have any energy left, or to start with. Being overweight doesnt help either. Comfort eating is another issue.

Will look at this, as nothing seems to help.

Shrink said I should get a hobby to occupy my mind.
Yes... as a practising Radio Ham, and keep Computer nut, I took the doc at her word, and started an new project... I built the Viento! I told her when I was well and truly started, and that wasnt quite what she had in mind. Some days it nearly drove me completely mad. Like 8 hours to drill 4 holes, thats 7 hours plus looking thinking and sulking, and 30 mins to do the job. Well never mind.. at least I met you lot, and have a nice V8 Viento.
Still feel like crap most days, and the weather doesnt help as I cant (wont) take the Viento out in it.

Oh well you never know what you find on here!

Thanks

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

piddy

posted on 28/9/07 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
My father and a work friend both suffer.
Jasper

posted on 1/10/07 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear it mate - help is available if they want it.

Fozzie

posted on 1/10/07 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Jasper...following on from British Tridents post with regard to CFS (ME) and/or Bi-polar.....

How does the treatment work with a diagnosis of CFS (ME) coupled with FM (Fibromyalgia) and other unrelated, but equally important neurological problems?

Also, would it work with say......an inconclusive MS test result?

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Jasper

posted on 1/10/07 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Fozzie

Yup works just as well with FM - which, lets face it, is a term used by doctors to describe any muscular pain they can't diagnose. I've watched a guy fully recover from FM in the 3 days. Many people with ME also have muscular pain - which is not suprising once you understand what is going on in the body.

MS - they have done some limited work with people with MS - 4 people I believe. They all reported some improvement and all reported better bladder function strangely enough. Not nearly enough to know for sure obviously, and not something I would tackle at the moment.

As for other neurological problems, it depends what they are, but many can be helped that's for sure - so many people are misdiagnosed by doctors (and patients) needing a condition to be labelled even when they are not really sure what's going on.

ME is a classic case - usually only diagnosed when everything else has been discounted.

Give us a call if you want to talk about it any more...

Fozzie

posted on 1/10/07 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Ooo thanks Jasper!

FWIW the neurological problem is MRI confirmed....

I will be sure to pass your info on!

Again many thanks!

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

baz265

posted on 1/10/07 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Jasper just a quick question. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 6 years ago now and obviously they tell u that all these things are linked together. I am just wondering if the treatment would help fibromyalgia? thanks

Sorry should have read the whole thing first i was writing this while looking at ure website. just read the info above sounds very interesting thanks

[Edited on 1/10/07 by baz265]

http://barrystoy.blogspot.com/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.