Board logo

Blade 954 cooling system
ZEN - 7/5/11 at 09:43 PM

Hi!
I'm in the process of fabricating a new cooling system for my build. The engine is a blade 954 RR and I'm fitting i to a MK2 VW polo 1.0 radiator.
I'm not relay sure where to fit the "air bleed hose", as the polo rad has only the upper, lower and siphon hose connections.
Any suggestions?

[/URL ]Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us

[Edited on 7/5/11 by ZEN]

johny p - 7/5/11 at 09:50 PM

have you ever thoght of removing the mechanical water pump and fitting an electric pump.. thats what i have on mine.. frees up some bhp!!!!!

joni - 8/5/11 at 12:56 AM

go for a radtech rad so much better than a polo rad runs much cooler

ZEN - 8/5/11 at 09:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by johny p
have you ever thoght of removing the mechanical water pump and fitting an electric pump.. thats what i have on mine.. frees up some bhp!!!!!

Maybe in the future.

quote:
Originally posted by joni
go for a radtech rad so much better than a polo rad runs much cooler

No radtech distributors in Croatia as far as I know.

mad-butcher - 8/5/11 at 09:58 AM

complicated to explain but on mine, large pipe on blade thermostat housing to rad top hose, the small hose on thermostat housing goes into a T piece one pipe on the T goes to the small pipe on the polo rad the other pipe on the T goes to the header tank, large pipe on header tank T's into bottom hose, I'm using a volvo header tank,
I've tried a search for the diagrams on here but I've had no luck.

tony

ZEN - 8/5/11 at 02:02 PM

If I understood correctly it would be something like this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BTW, my polo rad has no filler cap. I should fill the rad with water through the header tank.

What about yours?

[Edited on 8/5/11 by ZEN]

mad-butcher - 8/5/11 at 06:08 PM

OK I think I should have said expansion tank not header tank, I beleive a rover 25 is a popular one , yes your diagram is basically correct except the tank needs to be above the engine, ie the highest point in the system, a lot of people mount it on the scuttle

tony

ZEN - 9/5/11 at 10:24 PM

I am aware that the expansion tank should be the highest point in the system.
Thanks for the answer!