Board logo

Recommendations wanted on a book to learn about turbocharging an engine!
worX - 8/3/07 at 04:16 PM

Hi all,
as above really.
It's a subject I would like to know more about, and I think that the first step would be to gain a decent bit of basic knowledge, and prob easiest way for that is to read a book!
I was looking through the back of an old KC magazine, and noticed "The complete DIY Guide to Super Power" described as the book for turbo/supercharge/nitrous etc. but wasn't sure whether this would be dedicated (or indeed, good) enough!
Similarly I would also enjoy reading online if anyone knows of any good websites! Would prefer a book as it's easier to read on more complex (complex to me anyway!) matters, and I can read that at work, but not t'internet!!!

thanks in anticipation of all your help!

Steve.

turbo exhaust exit
turbo exhaust exit

meany - 8/3/07 at 04:35 PM

some info on Turbo Technics website.

http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/products.htm

twybrow - 8/3/07 at 04:45 PM

A. Graham Bell's book on the 4-stroke engine - Tuning Principles. Wonderful book. Very in depth but not overly confusing. It's no pop-up book, but a great resource and covers far more than just turbos...

MattCraneCustoms - 8/3/07 at 05:08 PM

Bell also does a book on forced induction tuning? iirc anyway, that would be a good start
Regards
Matt

Mr Clive - 8/3/07 at 05:59 PM

I would second Forced Induction Peformance Tuning by A Graham Bell

Isbn 1 85960 691 1

In depth but very well written and full of usefull advice.

froggy - 8/3/07 at 07:27 PM

corky bell for easy reading and not over technical ,i built my turbo set up after reading it im now waiting for "megasquirt for dummies" to come out so i can get it running

worX - 9/3/07 at 12:41 PM

Thanks All.
I'm looking at both those books on ebay at the moment, I'll have them both if I can afford them!
cheers,
Steve.