Board logo

Slalom - tips
Nitrogeno25 - 7/3/14 at 09:09 PM

I received and invitation to attend a "slalom day". I've been in some track days but I think this is a bit different.

Any tips to minimize an embarrassing performance ??

Thanks!

Dave Bailey - 7/3/14 at 09:53 PM

Yep remember to stop in the box if it is the Caterham experience... I did the fastest circuit of the day to have it cancelled because I didn't come to a complete stop :-(

Nitrogeno25 - 7/3/14 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bailey
Yep remember to stop in the box if it is the Caterham experience... I did the fastest circuit of the day to have it cancelled because I didn't come to a complete stop :-(

Not really, it's an unused airport with some cones. Thanks!

Dave Bailey - 7/3/14 at 10:02 PM

Just rip it up then! :-)

loggyboy - 7/3/14 at 10:18 PM

Google autosolo, its farily similar.

FazerBob - 8/3/14 at 12:13 AM

walk the course and get it very clear in your head where the penalty lines are. If you have to clear a line don't misread it and stop astride.
Most of all, have fun. I competed for many years overseas. It is a cheap and enjoyable motor sport that anyone can do.

bi22le - 8/3/14 at 09:19 AM

Practice some fast standing starts.

Its something I have never done after all of my driving. Also sensible untill I am rolling, then boot it!!

sebastiaan - 8/3/14 at 10:11 AM

See if you can figure out what color cones they use. Then fit a small piece of something in the same color on the respective sides of the dash that those cones should be on. Saves thinking time, you then just match up the colors and away you go!

O, and have fun!

Nitrogeno25 - 13/3/14 at 05:59 PM

Many thanks for your replies.

I've always heard that drifting is slower but I've seen many drivers drifting the car in slaloms.

What do you think?