Board logo

Viento has a new home!
Feltwell - 7/4/20 at 08:25 AM

Hello all! Just a quick introductory note, I've just bought DanP's Viento. Very pleased with the car - a little nerve wracking buying a car on the strength of photos and a video chat alone, not something I've ever done before, but I didn't want anyone else to snap this one up before me. Now I've got it here, I'm very pleased, clear that Dan took a lot of time and trouble over the build and all the details. It's not perfect of course, but I'd say it's the first vehicle I've bought that *is* as good as it looked in the photos!

Took it out for an essential journey to the supermarket yesterday, as it's clearly the perfect shopping car..... I am new to the world of kit cars so expect some daft questions, and here's daft question number 1.

It has an LT77 gearbox. I've only ever driven Land Rovers with this box before, I remembered it being quite notchy and, whilst I've got to get used to it, first impression is the same in the Viento, 2nd to 3rd especially. How do others find theirs, and have you found a different fluid helps?

I saw this Morgan article which suggests a synthetic oil by Difflock - it's expensive mind, but if it does the job.....

https://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/gearboxes2.html

Not sure which LT77 box I've got, haven't investigated that far yet.

Thanks everyone!

Geoff

rusty nuts - 7/4/20 at 08:50 AM

Welcome ,enjoy the car but a word of warning , these cars car bite, just take it easy for a while until you get used to it.

Feltwell - 7/4/20 at 08:58 AM

Yes, I think I'll be "Driving Miss Daisy" for a little while! Will certainly avoid the wet for a bit.

jollygreengiant - 7/4/20 at 09:37 AM

Welcome to the Luego Owners (and Builders) Club. Enjoy the car, once we are out of Lockdown. What part of the world do you live?

Feltwell - 7/4/20 at 09:40 AM

I'm in Shropshire, not far from Shrewsbury. Nice part of the world for 4 or 2 wheels!