Board logo

Weber DCOE 46
Mike Bentley - 28/2/18 at 10:33 AM

hi guys and Girls

im looking for a weber 40 dcoe to match the one i have which is a Weber DCOE 46.

or a matching pair.

I have the manifold

Thanks
Mike bentley

Mike Bentley - 1/3/18 at 07:18 AM

just to clarify

PLEASE SEE THE LAST 4 PHOTOS IN MY AVITAR

I have 2 40dcoe,s the first being a 40DCOE 46.

the second being a 40 DCOE 126a (Alfa Romeo specific I believe)

The 126a is no good for any thing but Alfa use, or maybe to be used singularly.

So I am looking for a 40 DCOE the match the 46.

Or if someone has a pair for sale that would be good

It's for my 1700 crossflow.

Any other advise on twin DCOE,s would be good

Mike Bentley - 1/3/18 at 10:44 AM

I meant photos in my archive

Mr Whippy - 1/3/18 at 01:04 PM

convert to injection?

Mike Bentley - 2/3/18 at 07:01 AM

injection would be a nice project but I'm on a tight budget.
I have a twin choke downdraft setup to get it running and moted etc, and will wait till I find the right carbs at the right price.

Just has to be twin side drafts for the sound and effect.

steve m - 2/3/18 at 05:56 PM

"Just has to be twin side drafts for the sound and effect."

I took mine off and sold them on fleabay a few years ago, got a grand for them, matched pair, with two manifolds, and a box full of four of every jet ever made for the carbs

For me, twin 40's are a pita, and the very low fuel consumption down to about 10 mpg, the constant smell of fuel, two carb fires due to them spitting back, and the constant weekly re tuning/balancing as they went out of balance incredibly easily, was just too much to live with

I now run on my 1660 xflow a twin choke 28/36 Dcd carb, and have very good economy, good tractability with any revs
no fuel smell, plus I don't think im that much down on power

My 7, is a pleasure to drive with the Dcd, as with the 40's I wouldn't drive it that much mainly due to the stink of fuel when I got home from the car in the garage

Twin 40's really need to be a matched pair (as mine were) not two different castings, as I doubt you will get anywere near the effect you want

steve