Board logo

Small form alternator
Shooter63 - 27/1/19 at 10:41 AM

Hi guys

I'm looking for a small(er) form alternator, something like a Bedford rascal type will do, it's to go on my zetec, I was going to use the original one but it hits the underside of the inlet manifold now I've removed the bodge that was on before.

Shooter

big_wasa - 27/1/19 at 04:21 PM

I posted a few years ago about the Suzuki Gsf600 and 1200. Some use a 40a Denso. I’ve just got around to doing mine for my current project.
They differ from the car type on how they mount and how the drive fits ie a tapered shaft. If you have a lathe it’s easy to turn the Cush basket into a bush for a standard 17mm pulley. I’ve gone for an 80mm pulley from a Sierra cvh.

eBay is hit and miss, the last two I bought where a tenner plus’s postage ( that’s a genuine Denso not a knock of.

I’ve also shaved the front cover and fitted a reverse impeller and pulley for a very clean and simple triangle form.

The bracket is very basic but since the photo I’ve added a brace to the front.

eBay Item

ken555 - 27/1/19 at 04:45 PM

suzuki swift alternator is pretty small.

Part no is dra3337

eBay Item

[Edited on 27-1-19 by ken555]

starterman - 28/1/19 at 04:27 PM

If you want a new 40 amp small one let me know.

Cheers
Mike

DavidW - 29/1/19 at 09:27 AM

I've got one of the small Denso ones and its great.

I'm just swapping from a silvertop to a blacktop so have the retro ford silver top bracket if needed?

David

nick205 - 29/1/19 at 04:45 PM

Believe it was a Denso one I fitted to my Pinto engined MK Indy (donor Sierra alternator was too large)...

[img][/img]