Board logo

Fuel pressure issue..
Dave Bailey - 5/10/14 at 06:24 PM

Opinions please...

I have a fuel pressure sensor plugged in to my fuel regulator and I have a low warning pressure set on my dash.... I run 3.0 bar at the reg. the car has done about 1000 miles since build and the pump was new... Just recently the pressure started to drop off at high revs but now progressively getting lower revs where the pressure is dropping off... No leaks or splits in the fuel lines including the in tank tube.... The pump seems to have become a little noisy from when it was first run... I can't see that it can be anything other than the pump unless the in line filter is blocked but I have only run as I say a 1000 miles....

Thoughts?

Thanks
Dave B

rusty nuts - 5/10/14 at 06:59 PM

Change the filter first, if it still plays up then perhaps the pump? Is the filter before the pump? Do you have a swirl pot? Long shot but is the tank vented?

baz-R - 5/10/14 at 08:23 PM

could be a pre pump blockage? or pump going bad?

Dave Bailey - 5/10/14 at 09:16 PM

It is an in tank pump and the filter is after the pump.... It is quite a small filter but I can't believe is is blocked already... I will strip it down and have a look....

Thanks
Dave B

baz-R - 5/10/14 at 09:29 PM

there will be a pre strainer or should be

Dave Bailey - 5/10/14 at 09:33 PM

Yes there is and it seems clean.....

Dave B

Non custom - 7/10/14 at 09:59 AM

Does your tank run a vent ???

If so worthchecking you arent getting a vaccum blockage restriction after being run for a while , had this happen once on a filler neck vent pipe caused allsortsof fuel related issues
sqme goes for the fuel return pipe if injection could be as simple as a pipe collapsing on itself
worth a try as see its not been mentioned yet