Board logo

Request for GSXR/ZETEC MS2 map
chasmon - 7/5/15 at 12:17 PM

Hi all,

Planning on taking my car up to bailey performance for a rolling road session following an upgrade of my ECU from MS1 to MS2 soon.

really liking tuner studio and its simplicity but I started from scratch again with the mapping folowing the upgrade and could really do with a better starting point than my initial attempts (I have also been thwarted by a knackered spark plug).

My setup is:

Standard 2L zetec with GSXR1000 throttle bodies using bike injectors and an EDIS module for ignition.

Previoulsy ran Alpha-N but would consider ITB mode too (wasnt available to me before).

If anyone has a TS proejct they could send me that would be similar and could give me there kPa at idle to help me get the idle screw right for their map that would be AWESOME!!!!

Also considering jenveys and AT Power ITBs especially if i cant get it in a state to drive to the RR soon, hoping that way a basemap will be available and I undestand the off idle repsonse on the jenveys/ATs is superior to the GSXR (can of worms opened)...

Many thanks in advance (beer could be included as reward if you're lcoal to Stroud, Gloucestershire)!

Charlie

baz-R - 7/5/15 at 07:27 PM

why not write your own base map and get yourself running with paid version of tuner studio and a wideband like almost everyone does

even if you get a map the veribles are so endless its unlikly it would be any good unless everything was exactly the same not to mention the diffrences in firmwares

chasmon - 7/5/15 at 08:44 PM

Hey thanks for the reply. I'm just looking for a starting point. Not sure what the paid version of TS would give me that i don't already have? I've already got a WB all setup and working so that's not an issue.

I've tried making my own starting point but I'm pretty sure someone's with the same setup as mine is going to be a better peg in the sand than something from an algorithm or a finger in the air...

I'm quite happy to be proved wrong though!

PS Not concerned about firmware - I can sort that / transfer the relevant bits.

PPS I can see from your pictures you've got a similar setup how have you got I with tuning?

[Edited on 7/5/15 by chasmon]

SPYDER - 7/5/15 at 09:15 PM

Could you not adapt your MS1 map to use on your MS2 as a start point?
I have MS1 running GSXR throttle bodies on a 3SGE engine in my car.
It uses the head mounted Toyota injectors in Alpha-N mode.
I used the MS generated map then tuned it in stages with VE Analyze Live.
Very straightforward.
Do you have VEAL on the free version of Tunerstudio?

baz-R - 7/5/15 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chasmon
Hey thanks for the reply. I'm just looking for a starting point. Not sure what the paid version of TS would give me that i don't already have? I've already got a WB all setup and working so that's not an issue.

I've tried making my own starting point but I'm pretty sure someone's with the same setup as mine is going to be a better peg in the sand than something from an algorithm or a finger in the air...

I'm quite happy to be proved wrong though!

PS Not concerned about firmware - I can sort that / transfer the relevant bits.

PPS I can see from your pictures you've got a similar setup how have you got I with tuning?

[Edited on 7/5/15 by chasmon]

paid version will give you VEAL "volumetric effenicy analyzed live" or autotune for your ve table

where lots of people go wrong is to think thay do not need to go through all the relevent settings and manuals this is how things go bad later on. oh and things change with later firmwares so using an old tune can give errors

get your firmware your going to use start with, working from a genric base file for this firmware (dont try from a blank) and input all the right settings before trying to getting it to start,run and tune it

its not as hard as you think and if your paying a tuner then putting the foot work in first will save him time and you money

reading some books will help try dave walkers haynes book if you can still fine one and hp books performance fuel injection systems

timing is the hardest bit but i do know zetecs like about 26-29deg all in by around 4000 rpm

itb mode will need a baro switch point thats diffrent for every setup and you will need somthing that will run and drive to get this data form. but it will give you a way of mesureing overrun where as alpha-n is effectively blind to how hard the engine is working or how much air is entering the engine so ideal for road use

chasmon - 8/5/15 at 06:00 AM

i think I understand the manuals pretty well and also could probably recall the Baro switchpoints off the top of my head (6% at 800rpm rising linearly to 33% at 6000). I have tuned an MS in Megatune some years ago. But I still think seeing other people's maps is valid...

As you say timing is a tricky one, I'm not concerned about firmware versions as I would use info from a map not the map itself.

How have you got on tuning your setup baz-R? It's the off idle response, timing and also AE settings people use that particularly interest me.