Board logo

Weekend away - visited Clarkson's Farm & Diddly Squat Farm Shop
nick205 - 16/9/22 at 08:17 AM

Morning all,

SWMBO abd I managed an ultra rare child and dog free weekend away last week. Went to the Cotswolds and stayed in Stow-on-the-Wold. Whilst there we made a visit to Clarkson's Farm and the Diddly Squat Farm Shop.

As you'd expect:

1. The shop itself is tiny (not much bigger than a good sized garden shed)
2. The items for sale are silly prices (£15 for a pack of fudge with 5 pieces of fudge in it)
3. Clarkson's cashing in nicely with a bar and burger van behind it.
4. Visitor parking is in a field next to the shop
5. The tractor logo above the shop is the Lamborghini R8 270 DCR tractor from the program
6. Porta-loos on site

My only purchase was a bag of coffee, love a coffee and it seemed the most reasonably priced thing for sale

diddly-squat-2
diddly-squat-2

diddly-squat-3
diddly-squat-3

diddly-squat-1
diddly-squat-1

[Edited on 16/9/22 by nick205]

theconrodkid - 16/9/22 at 11:42 AM

good luck to him, i imagine most of the team,s bones are getting a bit old / painfull these days

loggyboy - 16/9/22 at 02:03 PM

Still waiting for season 2. Seems to have been ages.

nick205 - 16/9/22 at 03:25 PM

Agreed on both counts.

If you've a way of making money then good on you.

Roll on season 2.

Comment on him buying a farm. Apparently an inheritance tax dodge for his kids. Farms don't attract the same high inheritance tax rates as houses. Makes sense as he's worth a few quid.

David Jenkins - 16/9/22 at 03:46 PM

I can't say that I'm surprised by your underwhelming experience.

I've always thought of him as a complete and utter tosser, with the possible exception of the programmes he made about war and the military, which were respectful and decent enough. Otherwise? - no thanks.

MikeR - 18/9/22 at 07:26 AM

It seems a lot of the farm is well planned. Why would you build a lambing shed next to a farm shop?

Seems after a year he decided to convert the easier to get planning lambing shed to a restaurant, unfortunately didn't get planning. Good bit of luck having a barn next to a shop that has the electrically supply to run freezers and a entrance for the public and parking.

nick205 - 19/9/22 at 08:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I can't say that I'm surprised by your underwhelming experience.

I've always thought of him as a complete and utter tosser, with the possible exception of the programmes he made about war and the military, which were respectful and decent enough. Otherwise? - no thanks.

It wasn't underwhelming, just as expected TBH.

Personally I find Clarkson OK and have been a TG fan for many years. It's entertainment, not a car review show.

nick205 - 21/9/22 at 07:55 AM

Reporting in on the Diddly Squat ground coffee I bought at the farm shop (opened it this morning as working from home).

Excellent - pleasingly strong, but very smooth.

Made in my wee one cup cafetiere (may have to make another)

David Jenkins - 21/9/22 at 08:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Personally I find Clarkson OK and have been a TG fan for many years. It's entertainment, not a car review show.

No problem with TG - just Clarkson!

nick205 - 21/9/22 at 09:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

No problem with TG - just Clarkson!

Fair comment.