Board logo

1300 crossflow carb choice?
goodguydrew - 2/2/11 at 11:48 PM

What carb would people recommend I use for this engine.
I had considered twin SUs (who's done it?)
A single webber/delorto side draught
A down draught (thought I would prefer not to have it sticking out the top of the bonnet)
Anyone got a carb/manifold for sale?
Cheers.

pekwah1 - 3/2/11 at 12:52 AM

on this note, can you use twin 40's or is this a bit overkill?

skodaman - 3/2/11 at 02:39 AM

Twin choke webber dgv with ITG foam filter. Only the foam bit sticks up from bonnet so should be fine for IVA.

FASTdan - 3/2/11 at 07:36 AM

36-38mm bike carbs?

atspeed racing - 3/2/11 at 09:15 AM

A modification that I did many years ago was to get a standard twin choke Ford manifold and put the SU straight on the end, machining and welding a flange on the end.
This was on a 1300 X/Flow. It was a good job and run really well. Infact Ford did investigate and tested using the SU in the 80's, but used that horrible single choke 'V V' thing instead.

rayward - 3/2/11 at 10:50 AM

R6 5eb carbs.............

hth

Ray

goodguydrew - 3/2/11 at 08:54 PM

I missed one of these on eBay. Does anyone here have one to sell?
FORD CROSSFLOW ALLOY INLET MANIFOLD. MADE BY C.T. (CONVERSION TUNING) TO SUIT TWIN HS4 SU CARBS.
Cheers.

Mike Wood - 17/5/23 at 04:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by atspeed racing
A modification that I did many years ago was to get a standard twin choke Ford manifold and put the SU straight on the end, machining and welding a flange on the end.
This was on a 1300 X/Flow. It was a good job and run really well. Infact Ford did investigate and tested using the SU in the 80's, but used that horrible single choke 'V V' thing instead.

I know this is a long shot, but you don’t happen to still have this inlet manifold for an SU carb that you made for a 1300 Crossflow please? I am looking for one for my 1300cc Locost project.

Many thanks
Mike