Board logo

Wanted: Clutch details/catalogue?
owelly - 17/2/19 at 04:19 AM

Anyone know of a good source of detailed catalogue for clutch products? I use the National clutch catalogue to find odd-ball friction plates, but now I need the dimensions for a clutch cover.
I'm bolting a BMW gearbox onto a Peugeot V6 and the Pug has a 'pull-type' clutch cover, rather than the more usual 'push-type'. To make life easier, I'd like to use the BMW clutch release bearing, arm and slave cylinder.
So, I need to find a 242mm clutch cover to fit the Pug flywheel. I can redrill the flywheel if I have to but if I could find a catalogue that has some dimensions for the clutch cover, it may save me the hassle. I'd need the PCD of the dowels and mounting bolt holes of the cover. I have a choice of BMW friction plates so the only snag at the moment is the clutch cover.
Cheers folks.

owelly - 28/2/19 at 10:41 PM

Nuffin? Nada? Nowt?!
I guess I'll go see the guys at CG Motorsport and flop my wallet out.......or settle for buying random clutch kits off eBay and see what fits....

rusty nuts - 1/3/19 at 08:39 AM

Trouble is these days most motor factors are computerised and don’t use catalogues as such, might be worth asking your local motor factors for help? I can ask next time I visit the one I use but I don’t know when that will be