Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MS2 Cranking Settings & ASE Settings
rhinopower

posted on 25/4/12 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
MS2 Cranking Settings & ASE Settings

Does anyone have some screenshots or a list of settings relevant to a 2.0 zetec on throttle bodies?

Mine is a pig to start, but once started runs perfect.

BaileyPerformance

posted on 25/4/12 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rhinopower
Does anyone have some screenshots or a list of settings relevant to a 2.0 zetec on throttle bodies?

All depends on size of injectors and fuel pressure. Please provide!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rhinopower

posted on 25/4/12 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
315cc running standard blacktop fuel pressure regulator, but I don't know what that is set to as standard
BaileyPerformance

posted on 25/4/12 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
315cc running standard blacktop fuel pressure regulator, but I don't know what that is set to as standard

The standard blacktop is 3.8Bar

I'll have a look for you, have done ova 10 zetecs on throttle bodies using MS2, sure to find something

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rhinopower

posted on 25/4/12 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers! At the moment i've got a high figure in the bottom left of the VE table, and cranking speed set to 180 so its just picking straight up from the ve table, sadly it was running perfect on the ms1 chip but the settings are different and not transferable
flak monkey

posted on 25/4/12 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Set cranking rpm to 350 rpm.

Set to use table for cranking pulsewidths.

Std curve should start it easily, might be slightly on the rich side, but you can tweak it down. If its rich it will need the throttle cracked open to start. When you get it right it should start with the throttle closed.

matt_gsxr

posted on 25/4/12 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey

Set to use table for cranking pulsewidths.

David

Very interesting but I can't for the life of me find the window that sets that mode.
Where can I find it?

Matt

flak monkey

posted on 26/4/12 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
If you are running extra code it will be table anyway. If using B&G code then the default is 2 point for cranking pulsewidth with the option of using a table if you choose. I vaguely remember its hidden away in a drop box in one of the basic settings menus.
matt_gsxr

posted on 28/4/12 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks David, I hadn't appreciated that. I will look more carefully at my logs.

It would explain one or two things.

mtechmatt

posted on 9/5/12 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Just been putting this about and saw your question. Theres some good maps on a new site I have setup, if you put youjr exact engine spec in the request section (MS1 or MS2 of course) I will dig up an msq that should get you up and running.

Anyway, the link details etc are below.

Cheers

Megasquirtmaps unfortunately went to ruin with spam and I just let it expire, but in the glory of helping others, I have created http://www.mtechmaps.com Should get most people up and running, feel free to post up any maps, or indeed make a request for a map on there and I will dig through the archives. I'm currently adding loads as we have hundreds from cars we have mapped on file..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.