Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nissan Note
wicket

posted on 25/10/12 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Nissan Note

We are looking at a the possibility of buying Nissan Note Acenta 1.4 petrol. They seem like good value for money, plenty of room and boot size, lots standard fitments. Anybody had any experience.
swanny

posted on 25/10/12 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
only as a hire car. at first glance i thought it looked horrible, but the more i drove it the more i liked it.
would consider now as a second car

paul

adithorp

posted on 25/10/12 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
They're OK... for a Renault.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

designer

posted on 25/10/12 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
They are brilliant, one of the best cars I have had.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nib1980

posted on 25/10/12 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for all the positive feedback ;-)
britishtrident

posted on 25/10/12 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Based on experience with my daughters 1.4 petrol which she has owned from new still has less than 38,000 miles on the clock. be aware the Note is about 60% Renault and 40% Nissan -- the Nissan bits are 100% bullet proof the Renault bits are typical French. It is quite a nice car to drive and a very useful load carrier.

However----
It eats front wishbones daughters she had both replaced under warranty and the near side has since been replaced again due to a knackered ball joint.

Sump rusted through from the outside, replacement part could only be sourced from Nissan, just a simple paper thin steel pressing but it cost several arms and a leg.

Front offside road spring broke had improvise a special spring compressor to to do it --- however it could be due to the large number speed bumps in her area.

Under neath the car has a surprising amount of light surface rust -- however it was a grey import.

One worrying point for longer term ownership is if you open the bonnet in wet weather water runs off the bonnet straight onto the engine management ECU and its' connector. (French electrics !!)

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 25/10/12 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
I forgot to add the front tyres wear quite rapidly (my daughter isn't had hard driver and hasn't had tyre wear issues on her previous cars) and the tyres are not a popular size hence relatively expensive.

[/I]

froggy

posted on 25/10/12 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
One issue I've seen twice on these cars is a rubber bushed support bracket on the n/s that ties the subframe to the chassis rail can tear out of the chassis , not rust but a poor design but you will hear it cracking if its an issue

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

coozer

posted on 25/10/12 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
I had one as a company car when I worked for Nissan.. was thinking of buying one before I had it.. but, that changed my mind.. horrible tinny ride, poor quality materials for a top of the range model IMO.. and if you use the tail gate a lot the wiring through the grommets from the body fret and break..

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

morcus

posted on 25/10/12 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
My dads got a diesel one that he's had four years and in that time it's not been serviced and had no real problems. As above, it's on funny sized tyres, There is only one brand that make them for the size he has apparantly so they're pricy.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

britishtrident

posted on 25/10/12 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
I hadn't heard of the subframe mounting point iissue but after a bit of Googling it seems to be a common failure which will have have a major impact on residual values. These car seem to have to many suspension and steering issues I am going to advise my daughter to get rid of hers at first opertunity.

The Honest John review is worth reading.

Link

[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 25/10/12 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
My dads got a diesel one that he's had four years and in that time it's not been serviced and had no real problems. As above, it's on funny sized tyres, There is only one brand that make them for the size he has apparantly so they're pricy.

Skipping servicing on any car with a Renault Dci engine will result in problems, these engines need the oil changed regularly and the oil must be a 5w/30 fully synthetic or very expensive major problems will occur later in the engines life due to the oilways getting gunged up.

[/I]

morcus

posted on 25/10/12 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
It's had oil I think, and possibly new brake pads. He hates the car though for a number of personal reasons so I don't think he really cares.

If your wondering, he mostly hates the fact that it's not propperly Japanese, it's too narrow, the inside is laid out wrong and it doesn't have enough accelaration.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 25/10/12 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
When I worked for Nissan I thought they where a good little car drove well lots of room. as with all modern cars they all have issues, 1.4 petrol is a nissan engine, gearbox and suspension is renault, parts are fairly cheap by todays standards.
Theres far worst cars out there but thats my opinion....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.