Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: electric sliding gates
beaver34

posted on 31/5/15 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
electric sliding gates

any one fitted one?

currently have two wooden gates but would like to bolt them and fit a sliding gate kit

any recommendations for where to buy or any do's or dont's? gates are fairly lightweight items so ill not need anything special to move them

fazerruss

posted on 31/5/15 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.rollingcenter.co.uk/#

Probably not far from you either.

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 941
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 31/5/15 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
One of my mates is an electric gate installer - where are you based ? He's in St Albans.

Any good ?

badassboy64

posted on 31/5/15 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Beaver I fitted a sliding gate at my mothers in Bradford about 5 or 6 years ago its the type with rollers on the top to support the gate its about 10 foot long and has been faultless the main points are to make sure your track is level and your posts are plumbed most use a rack and pinion to drive gate open and shut .
I bought the kit from F H Brundle and found fitting easy and kit quality good, there website is very good for info and prices but there are plenty others to pick from.
hope this helps

Mikef

posted on 1/6/15 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Did a lot of looking at a similar project. I have decided to go for hinged openers. I just felt it was a lot easier to do and cost no more.
beaver34

posted on 1/6/15 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikef
Did a lot of looking at a similar project. I have decided to go for hinged openers. I just felt it was a lot easier to do and cost no more.

seems a fair comment, with my gates being fairly lightweight i was worried about them moving in the wind kind of thing if that were not fastened together?

Mikef

posted on 1/6/15 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Most suppliers do a mag lock. If the actuators are mounted half way up the gates it would spread the load a bit. It was only a thought I know that the sliding gates have to be fairly spot on.
badassboy64

posted on 1/6/15 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Both hinged and sliding have their own merits and usually gate position and space dictate which you use but most put gate's at the end of their property so cannot swing out into road and if the drive is short or vehicle long ( as in my mum's case ) the sliding type leave most room .
froggy

posted on 1/6/15 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
I have a kit for my sliding gate and helped a mate fit his and tbh it's far quicker to get out and open it manually unless it's raining

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.