Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Road Tires
SylvaJ15-02

posted on 17/8/15 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Road Tires

I’ve got a puma engines J15 using 185/60 R14 AO48 tyres. The front of the car is light that even with 12.5 psi in the tires, these tires tramline over cats eyes and poor road surfaces like a rabid dog and at speed they are lethal. I swapped the tires for a pair of budget Chinese jobs that happened to be in the garden shed and the whole dynamic was massively improved.
Clearly I will not be keeping the budget rubber, so what are people using and are happy on Riot/J15’s etc for spirited road driving?

tegwin

posted on 17/8/15 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Do they do the Yokohama S-drive in that size? I have been using them for years on a load of things and really like them for grip, especially in the wet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 17/8/15 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
I have Nankang ns2r brilliant grip on track and the road and good in the wet too and don't tramline as much as full on track day tyres also wearing well so I think there I bit of a bargain .
Paul AS

posted on 17/8/15 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

My J15 runs Hangkook Kinergy Eco K425 185/55 r14's on the front and some Budget 195/60 r14s on the back.

Initially before I had a bit of a suspension set up, it was dangerous to drive above 60. Tramlining and as twitchy as you like on change of direction.

Geometry was changed and so did the car!! Softened the dampers, reduced the negative camber, and a bit of toe in all worked wonders for me on a road car.

Paul

Jenko

posted on 17/8/15 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
I know someone who has had their J15 set up professionally, and they set it up with toe out.

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

alex1991

posted on 18/8/15 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
In 14 inch you can get the Uniroyal Rainsport 3 which is a sporty road tyre with emphasis on wet grip. I've used the rainsport 2 and they were better than toyo t1r in every way. You can pick them up in the region of £30 at online traders such as opneo/tyreleader/mytyres.
Paul AS

posted on 18/8/15 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
Mine had front toe out and neutral rear when it was twitchy. It now has 3-4 mm toe in at the front and 1-2 at the back. Much more docile!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.