Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jet ski prices? Do they go down in winter?
blakep82

posted on 12/9/15 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Jet ski prices? Do they go down in winter?

Bit of a different question, was out kayaking in loch Lomond last week, saw a few jet skis going about. Always quite fancied one. New job (the one I've always wanted!) Is a reality, and I get paid decent money. My mate said he wanted one, and they're not that expensive now. Got home, checked, and he's right!

There's a mid 90s sea doo for £500 including trailer, but needs work for sale locally. Yes its old, needs work (rattling noise from impeller? Thrust bearing is common)
Not the best model, but good first one perhaps, and stuff like this comes up now and then

Or, if I wanted to spend a bit more on a better newer more powerful one..
There's a newer sea doo ready to go, £1600 with trailer

There was a Kawasaki one for 1800 with trailer too.

If I was to wait til December, do prices tend to come down like with kit cars out of summer time?
What should I look for or avoid?
I live close to a few lochs, and about a quarter mile from the Clyde, so I'm not short of places to take it.
Need a few pay slips in first, but like to get ideas ahead of time

[Edited on 12/9/15 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

fazerruss

posted on 12/9/15 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
You want something with at least 100hp or you will get bored especially on big lochs. Bear in mind that these things drink petrol at an alarming rate (about 40 litres at least). Also factor in at least £2M liability insurance or a lot of places don't let you launch.
I gave it up 10 years ago as it was getting just too expensive compared to my motorbike. £60-70 for 3 hrs on the water.
If you live in the right location its a lot of fun and if going in winter get a dry suit.

[Edited on 12/9/15 by fazerruss]

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.