Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommend microsquirt
johnnybizzle1986

posted on 21/12/17 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Recommend microsquirt

Hi guys,

Nearly at a point on my GBS zero race car running 2.0 zetec on standard throttle body, to sort all the electrics was thinking of trying the microsquirt.

Can anyone recommend them?

froggy

posted on 21/12/17 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
I run my twin turbo v8 on microsquirt , two inj and two ig drivers plus a few spare inputs , plenty for a 4 pot . Hasn’t missed a beat in two years and it’s pretty well sealed for a car exposed to the elements . For the price it’s a good unit especially if you don’t need loads of protection inputs like fuel pressure coolant pressure knock sensing etc.

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

johnnybizzle1986

posted on 22/12/17 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
That will do for me thanks
Furyous

posted on 23/12/17 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
I got a Microsquirt for my 2.0 Duratec and it generally does very well in basic terms. I'm using the idle control output to switch a fan relay at a certain temperature, but then I think there's only one or two other outputs available.

I've come across a few limits but they're no big loss. I can think of some features that would be handy but ECUs with those features are over double the price. The main problem for me now is that I've switched to a 2.3 with VVT and Microsquirt can only handle an on/off switch at certain RPM but it has no way of reading what the actual cam position is, and usually 100% on gives too much movement (advance or retard, can't remember which).

There's VVT Pro, a standalone VVT controller, but it sounds like they only officially support the ST170 system and I don't understand it enough to know if I could adapt it to the Duratec system myself.

johnnybizzle1986

posted on 24/12/17 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a nodiz ecu with vvt controller on my other car with bike carbs and it absolutely great. Just wanted nice simple cheap ecu for this one so the microsquirt sounds like the way to go.
olberj

posted on 24/12/17 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Me221 are definitely worth looking at. Includes vvt control and plug n play st170 loom available.

That's what I'm going for on mine.

johnnybizzle1986

posted on 24/12/17 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Do you need to use the EDIS module or can it be wired up to the coil pack directly?
Furyous

posted on 28/12/17 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
You either use EDIS to drive the Mondeo coil for wasted spark or I think it can directly drive coil on plug, but I think there are downsides to COP with Microsquirt. Something about noise or overloading the MS circuits. I didn't really look into COP because I went with EDIS from the start.
froggy

posted on 28/12/17 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
I have to run edis 8 but it would make sense to use the edis 4 and take the load off the Ecu to switch the coil

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.