Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Festive Spirit

posted on 22/12/17 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
Festive Spirit

So where's it all gone then?

In days gone by the Christmas avatars would pop up in November ?? Has Christmas been cancelled?

We went down the pub last night. Bloke on the keyboard and we all sung carols, followed by hand bells at the bar.
The place was packed.

Loads of people remarked on the lights on mine and the next door neighbours houses.

MC&HNY

nick205

posted on 22/12/17 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
<<<<<<<

I put my Christmas avatar up yesterday

On the other hand...

At home (Wife, 3 kids and I) we've put the tree up, but that's about it really. At home Christmas eve and Christmas day morning then we're away at family and friends until New Years eve.

At work we've made next to no effort for Christmas - we haven't had a Christmas party for some years now. Most people found something to moan about and it was ultimately deemed a waste of company money!

Myself I've found the whole thing gets more and more "Americanised" year on year - not something I wish for really - roll on 2018

David Jenkins

posted on 22/12/17 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
I'm finding it hard to raise enthusiasm this year... Bah Humbug!

posted on 22/12/17 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

You can get pills for that.

swanny

posted on 22/12/17 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
our place has been pretty festive. some of the girls really get into it so we've had a christmas lunch out, a christmas bake off, christmas jumper day, secret santa and yesterday a christmas buffet with everyone bringing stuff in.

thought i'm generally a bit bah humbug they've made an real its been nice

adithorp

posted on 22/12/17 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 907
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

You can get pills for that.

A blue humbug?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 22/12/17 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
I really enjoy xmas time but it wears thin when the shops/TV/radio have been ramming it home since Bonfire night.

Making Xmas 2 months long takes alot of the excitment out of it. Even my 3 year old daughter seems disinterested as the build up has been going on for so long!

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
steve m

posted on 22/12/17 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
"I really enjoy xmas time but it wears thin when the shops/TV/radio have been ramming it home since Bonfire night. "

WOW, your town must be very late, as our local poundshop has been selling xmas stuff since July

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 22/12/17 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
"I really enjoy xmas time but it wears thin when the shops/TV/radio have been ramming it home since Bonfire night. "

WOW, your town must be very late, as our local poundshop has been selling xmas stuff since July

Thats mental. I saw some shops (costco is one) start stocking xmas stuff in september.

I dont want to come off as scrooge but how can something be special when its going on for 1/4 of the year? Its not a treat then.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
David Jenkins

posted on 22/12/17 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Every year I refuse to discuss or consider Christmas in any way until the 1st December - I make no plans before that date, don't think about presents, and so on.

I'm feeling a bit cross this afternoon - had to go out shopping (ordinary day-to-day stuff) with my wife, and even in a little town like Hadleigh it was near impossible to park, everyone's going round supermarkets with overloaded trolleys, etc. Most shops are only shut for one or two days, for Goodness sake! Lemmings, the lot of them... Bah! Humbug!

Irony

posted on 24/12/17 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
I am in charge of a small office and I refuse to let them get all Christmassy before 9th Dec. 9th is my son's birthday. No decorations no flipping Christmas songs. This has led to a scrooge like reputation.
Schrodinger

posted on 24/12/17 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
A very happy christmas and a happy new year to you all

Keith
Aviemore

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.