Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Video - A Season In The Drivers Seat Ep4 - The Human Perspective
Nash

posted on 25/3/18 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Video - A Season In The Drivers Seat Ep4 - The Human Perspective

https://youtu.be/Rp1ILILSbsk

In Episode 4 we take a look at the human side of going racing with an interview with Sonia Primett, Jamie’s wife, on what it’s like from her perspective to go Racing.

Enjoy

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

sam919

posted on 26/3/18 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Is this a spoof?
Nash

posted on 26/3/18 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
I don’t understand? Why do you think it’s a spoof?

Southern Kit Car Club

sam919

posted on 26/3/18 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, so apparently not.
jps

posted on 26/3/18 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nash

No - me neither...

Interesting to see you looking at the 'round the edges' things like how it affects the family. Easy to forget how much t'wife must worry - even if it's not F1 it'd be no laughing matter if he went off (like the Mini that spun on his oil in Ep3!!!)...

B33fy

posted on 26/3/18 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jps
quote:
Originally posted by Nash

No - me neither...

Interesting to see you looking at the 'round the edges' things like how it affects the family. Easy to forget how much t'wife must worry - even if it's not F1 it'd be no laughing matter if he went off (like the Mini that spun on his oil in Ep3!!!)...

Totally agree.. As much as you have the fun element to this, we all know motorsport has its risks, at all levels. I saw a tin top accident recently at brands which was quite alarming to say the least.Thankfully the guy was cut out, with no more than sprains and a sore back. I think this film clip is the best one so far looking at the family commitment to racing along with dealing with some of the anxieties.

As to the spoof thing from the other poster.. the only rational reason I can think of he must have posted in the wrong thread

sam919

posted on 26/3/18 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
No not wrong thread. I genuinely thought it was a spoof, apologies if this is not the case. Is this part of a series? there's no pt number or even history to its origins etc.

An explanation might go far as to its intention.

theduck

posted on 26/3/18 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sam919
No not wrong thread. I genuinely thought it was a spoof, apologies if this is not the case. Is this part of a series? there's no pt number or even history to its origins etc.

An explanation might go far as to its intention.

It does quite clearly say its episode 4

Nash

posted on 26/3/18 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Sam, it is part of a series and if you watch episode 4 in isolation then it does lose context so for that I’ll make sure moving forward I context each episode. That’s useful feedback.

Just to put this into context, I’m following my friend Jamie all season in his first year of Racing and the plan is to cover every facet of his season, good, bad, lesser thought about or discussed elements (like the family commitment). We are doing this for two reasons:

1. It will be a life long memory for Jamie and his family. I raced for nearly 10 years and I don’t have many physical memories to long back on other than a few photos.

2. I thought it may help other potential Race Drivers to go in eyes open. If it helps get people racing then that’s a good thing right?!

Hope that helps you put things into context.

You can find the other episodes and all my other videos on my YouTube channel here. https://www.youtube.com/user/nashrace

Cheers...... Neil

Southern Kit Car Club

jeffw

posted on 27/3/18 at 06:18 AM Reply With Quote
Neil, you need something like "Previously on 24" type thing they have on Netflix as a lead in for those who pick up half way through the serious.

Nash

posted on 27/3/18 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, I was thinking of a entry montage last night, picking up on Sams comment.

Southern Kit Car Club

Dick

posted on 27/3/18 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Watched with interest and with some guilt for i never thought about how my wife felt when i was competing years ago I just took it for granted that she felt ok about what i was doing. Im now going to show her this video and ask her comments
sam919

posted on 27/3/18 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Good Stuff Neil, ......did actually think EP4 was relating to the race car being used.

Ill take a look at the rest of the series, your right, i have done the same,...years of racing but a few shots from camera phones!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.