Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego's at Stoneleigh 2018
jollygreengiant

posted on 22/4/18 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Luego's at Stoneleigh 2018

Ok people I received booking confirmation this week for the show. The usual stand has been allocated 27B.

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to get there this year, I will probably have to be going south to take my wife to see her mother (now in a nursing home and forgetting lots). So I would like everyone who can to try and attend and have a good show please,

JGG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Robbaa

posted on 24/4/18 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
im thinking of coming in my viento this year on the sunday (night shifts halt any other times). first time attending, anything i need to know?
jollygreengiant

posted on 24/4/18 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robbaa
im thinking of coming in my viento this year on the sunday (night shifts halt any other times). first time attending, anything i need to know?

You would be cordially welcomed by any of the usual crew that will/might be there. Some used to have Luego's some still do have them. We are quite an informal group, unfortunately I won't be there as I have a family commitment that has occurred and I can't do both. The mother-in-law might not be around next year, Stoneleigh will.
If you come in through the exhibitors entrance and have a look in the guide that they might or might not sell you then look for stand 27B and follow the road ways to it.

Enjoy the show

JGG

And Welcome to the Luego Owners Club.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

jollygreengiant

posted on 24/4/18 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

You would be cordially welcomed by any of the usual crew that will/might be there. Some used to have Luego's some still do have them. We are quite an informal group, unfortunately I won't be there as I have a family commitment that has occurred and I can't do both. The mother-in-law might not be around next year, Stoneleigh will.
If you come in through the exhibitors entrance and have a look in the guide that they might or might not sell you then look for stand 27B and follow the road ways to it.

Enjoy the show

JGG

And Welcome to the Luego Owners Club.

Robbaa

posted on 26/4/18 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
that sounds pretty good to me. can i come any time of the day and park up? obviously subject to weather my attendance...
NeilP

posted on 26/4/18 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Really sorry you won’t be there Clive. Probably won’t be staying over but MOT passed today so I will definitely come along and see the gang.

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

Dave Bailey

posted on 26/4/18 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone going up from the Portsmouth / Hampshire area? I’m thinking about it but will be dependent on weather...

Dave B

jollygreengiant

posted on 27/4/18 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
that sounds pretty good to me. can i come any time of the day and park up? obviously subject to weather my attendance...

Yes. No problem.

SteveWallace

posted on 4/5/18 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
Hopefully I'll be there on the Sunday. The weather is looking good for a change.

Steve

"I know every nut and bolt and cog in that car, I built it myself" - The Prisoner, 1967

SteveWallace

posted on 4/5/18 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Correction. I'll now not be coming to Stoneleigh.

My alternator died today and after spending all afternoon looking for a replacement, I cannot find one in time for the show for less than £300 Tried the various scrap yards without success so a remanufactured on is now on order for much less that £300 but it will not arrive before Wednesday.

Really annoying as it looks like its going to be the sunniest weekend for many a year.

On the bright side I suppose, it went up in smoke but I caught it in time before it set fire to the car.

Steve

"I know every nut and bolt and cog in that car, I built it myself" - The Prisoner, 1967

SteveWallace

posted on 23/5/18 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
I now have a new alternator and the car has just got through its mot without any problems, so been out enjoying the sun.

The old alternator had all but caught fire and was releasing a lot of electrical fire type smoke. I took it to bits to see what the problem was and it turns out that a load of wasps had moved in over the winter. I don't know if that has anything to do with the failure, but I have discovered that toasted wasps don't look or smell very nice!

NeilP

posted on 25/5/18 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Steve, mine died on the way back from Stoneleigh (blown fuse to fuel pump) but in fixing it found some dirty great holes in the loom courtesy of rodent friends over winter. Winterisation will include a few baited traps next year methinks...

If you pay peanuts...

Angel Acevedo

posted on 26/5/18 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
Steve, mine died on the way back from Stoneleigh (blown fuse to fuel pump) but in fixing it found some dirty great holes in the loom courtesy of rodent friends over winter. Winterisation will include a few baited traps next year methinks...

Do you have dogs?
If you do, make sure no dogfood residue is left.
Dogfood attracts rodents and cars provide warm lodging...
Ask how I know....
HTH.

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NeilP

posted on 8/6/18 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Angel. No dog food but we had some very cold winter months so I guess they were looking high and low for food and a place to hide up...

If you pay peanuts...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.