Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chassis Material and other stuff?
DavidhMX5

posted on 13/10/18 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis Material and other stuff?

Firstly a thankyou to big_wasa for providing me with the build book at a reasonable price.
While waiting to get the book I need to order the box section (through work) for the chassis. Can anyone give me the size and amount needed? I believe we order in 6mtr lengths.
On the subject of work the boss has suggested I build chassis there as have access to a very flat welding table plus I can use this baby instead of my home welder.

Great thing about this is it allows CMT (cold metal transfer) welding which will minimise distortion. Even I can do a reasonable job with it.
For anyone interested link to Fronius CMT process
http://www.fronius.com/en/welding-technology/our-expertise/welding-processes/cmt

[Edited on 13/10/18 by DavidhMX5]

[Edited on 13/10/18 by DavidhMX5]

theconrodkid

posted on 13/10/18 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
http://sevenesque.com/plans/

plenty usefull stuff on here ^^^...aint you lucky one to have a boss like that ?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

DavidhMX5

posted on 13/10/18 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks. Gives me what I need.
Yep, nice boss. Works both ways though. I spent all day stripping this chop saw he acquired. We don't use one much but useful when needed. Really well made piece of kit that does compound angles. Just needs some TLC I could put in the overtime but won't. I need the bit of kit to cut all the chassis material. Beats the hell out of an angle grinder. The funny looking spanner is something I knocked up to undo two 30mm bolts through what is best described as a letter box opening.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.