Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jaguar 3.0 V6 engine, adaptor plate and rx8 gearbox
marc_cowley

posted on 11/1/19 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Jaguar 3.0 V6 engine, adaptor plate and rx8 gearbox

As title really, engine was removed from a running jag 2 years ago and left in the corner while i made an adaptor plate, rx8 5 speed gearbox there also. loads of extras and bits that id chuck in.

£200 collection from near lowestoft, sufolk. Thanks, Marc

C30 T5

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

RWD Focus

posted on 13/1/19 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Hi is this engine from the xtype Jaguar in RWD configuration ?
Is there an engine loom with it?
Thanks

[Edited on 13/1/19 by RWD Focus]

marc_cowley

posted on 13/1/19 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
I have both type of sumps, s type and the x type, I think I have a loom somewhere.

[Edited on 13/1/19 by marc_cowley]

C30 T5

RWD Focus

posted on 13/1/19 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Im looking at changing the engine in my RWD focus and that engine was one i had considered. Im running a mazda rx8 6 speed box so your add caught my eye.
Leave it with me i will have a measure up( I have dimensions for RWD sump etc) and get back to you.

CosKev3

posted on 13/1/19 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RWD Focus
Hi is this engine from the xtype Jaguar in RWD configuration ?
Is there an engine loom with it?
Thanks

The x-type is front wheel drive,the s-type is the rear wheel drive.

The s-type sump is massive,has a big added on part on the front under the belts.

The only difference I can see between a x-type engine and a s-type is the position of the water pump,the x-type has it running off the rear of one of the cams,where as the s-type has it running off the aux belt on the front of engine.

Ref ECU/loom the standard set up is well complicated,electronic controlled fuel pressure etc,so way easier to go for aftermarket ECU as once you strip these engines of all the unwanted parts they are very simple to get running

RWD Focus

posted on 13/1/19 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Yes i got my stype and xtype mixed up, I'm looking for the stype with the rwd sump and the water pump on the front. I would be running it with my current DTA S60 ecu so no need for the standard ecu, the engine loom is handy for injector plugs etc.

marc_cowley

posted on 13/1/19 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Where are you the engine is in the back of my truck at the moment and I could deliver if close enough.

C30 T5

RWD Focus

posted on 13/1/19 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
West Yorkshire. Too far for a one off trip but i have also a gearbox to pick up in Ipswich so i would do it all in a round trip

big_wasa

posted on 13/1/19 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
That’s a cracking price.

I think if some one could develop a few parts to help install these Locoster style we would be seing them installed in all sorts. The Rocketeer project has some nice parts but as far as I can tell they are not available separately.

The sumps can be chopped about.

Ford Duratec30 ecu isn’t really much harder than Megasquirt. Xtype usses the same platform but the stype is differant.

The hardest issue is the starter motor / flywheel combo.

felix_kentish

posted on 13/1/19 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
It looks like Rocketeer may sell the parts individually but this is for an MX5 gearbox. £395 for the adapter plate, £895 for the flywheel and £325 for the clutch:
http://www.rocketeerltd.com/shop-1

There are a few guys selling AJ30 to RX8 gearbox adapter plates. RX8 Gearbox Adapters UK sells the plate for £135, not sure what clutch, flywheel and starter it needs though but I'm sure the guy who developed them will have something in mind.

This is the engine gearbox combo I have in mind. Shame this is from an xtype with the rear water pump.

[Edited on 13/1/19 by felix_kentish]

marc_cowley

posted on 13/1/19 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
It’s not, it’s from a s type. I just bought both types of sumps for fitment measuring.

C30 T5

big_wasa

posted on 13/1/19 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by felix_kentish
It looks like Rocketeer may sell the parts individually but this is for an MX5 gearbox. £395 for the adapter plate, £895 for the flywheel and £325 for the clutch:
http://www.rocketeerltd.com/shop-1

There are a few guys selling AJ30 to RX8 gearbox adapter plates. RX8 Gearbox Adapters UK sells the plate for £135, not sure what clutch, flywheel and starter it needs though but I'm sure the guy who developed them will have something in mind.

This is the engine gearbox combo I have in mind. Shame this is from an xtype with the rear water pump.

[Edited on 13/1/19 by felix_kentish]

I bought one of Jonathan’s adapters and he doesn’t get into the development. It’s at the other end of the scale to the Rocketeer.

CosKev3

posted on 13/1/19 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
I've got my AJ30 bolted upto a Rx8 6 speed box.

Rocketeer will sell parts seperate as above,but not really at locost builder prices!They are really nicely made parts though,and using a mx5 box you probably wouldn't need to modify chassis like I have to get the Rx8 6 speed in.

I'm using a Mondeo ST200 solid flywheel,with the jaguar ring gear fitted to it.This is not a direct fit though,and requires the ST200 ring gear to be machined down to use as a spacer,then fit the jaguar ring gear onto that.
Using this flywheel then allows you to use a ST200 clutch,with a RX8 release bearing.
The bell housing mounting face on the RX8 box needs to be machined down by 10mm to allow the gearbox shaft to sit into the spigot bearing in the crank.
This is due to the adapter plate being 10mm thick.
I'm using a clutch slave cylinder off a Mazda 6,using this one only requires minor fettling to some parts of the casting on the rear of the cylinder head.

sdh2903

posted on 13/1/19 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Yes rocketeer will sell separate as I'm using their sump, adapter plate and flywheel. It's not cheap but very high quality.

Rwdfocus. Will you not have to upgrade to the s80 to run 6 cylinders?

CosKev3

posted on 13/1/19 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RWD Focus
the engine loom is handy for injector plugs etc.

I can guarantee all the injector plugs,and the plugs for the VVT solenoids will snap when you release them!
They are awful things

RWD Focus

posted on 13/1/19 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Rwdfocus. Will you not have to upgrade to the s80 to run 6 cylinders?

Hi yes i meant S80 sorry

Headface

posted on 8/4/19 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.
Is the jag v6 engine still up for sale?

marc_cowley

posted on 8/4/19 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, the engine has sold, the adaptor and gearbox are still available though. Thanks.

C30 T5

RWD Focus

posted on 8/4/19 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hi how much for the adapter plate please? Do you still have the flywheel and starter motor?
Thanks
Would you be willing to post ?

marc_cowley

posted on 8/4/19 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Have u2u you.

C30 T5

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.