Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MAP sensor specs
cliftyhanger

posted on 16/1/19 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
MAP sensor specs

I have an ME221 ecu, which I didn't check if it had barametric correction. It doesn't.
So I need to add it (Alpine passes mean a 25% reduction in o2 content!!) and I have been "reliably" informed that it is pretty simple, I just need a MAP sensor and connect it up. But crucially I need the spec sheet for the MAP sensor.

I bought a VW 0261230073 sensor, but can't find the spec sheet online despite looking for some time.

Any pointers? Or another sensor which has a spec sheet available? (need the info so I can input the values onto a table.)

Cheers
Clive

Theshed

posted on 17/1/19 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Can't help with a graph but could you not calibrate it yourself? Such graphs as there are suggest that these are all linear between 0.5 -4.5v. You can get the atmospheric pressure at sea level from the weather forecast then you need a second point of measurement. A long tube of water (with appropriate bends to avoid water in the sensor) will give you a second point on the graph. If you know the max pressure of the MAP then chances are that will be set to 4.5v (bit rough and ready).
froggy

posted on 18/1/19 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure that’s a common sensor on lots of cars and is a 2.5 bar type so should have a calibration table in the ecu the same as it does for manifold pressure use

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.