Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS GTS W7DE/ McSorely +442
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 19/2/19 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
FS GTS W7DE/ McSorely +442

Unfortunately due to ongoing house renovations (a substantial time killer) and legal proceedings (for recovery of a significant amount of my money), I have come to the decision to part ways with my kit car project. I have listed below all details of what I have, along with what's missing/required to finish her off.

What's included?

GTS Tuning W7DE model (based on McSorely +442 plans) with rear roll bar
Full GRP bodywork in orange and black (orange sides & tub, black nosecone, bonnet & scuttle)
Caterham wind deflectors fitted to scuttle
Carbon fibre rear arches
Carbon fibre dash (CSM reinforced, but mould available if you wanted to re-make) and Savage billet switches fitted
Interior transmission tunnel panels powder coated orange to match bodywork
Black GRP seats and runners included, plus two off 5-piece pad set (black with orange piping)
Rear light pods

Sierra running gear, and matching front cycle wing brackets
Front upper fully-adjustable wishbones (made by Wozsher on here)
Rear De-dion axle and panhard rod setup
Fitted with Sierra 7" 3.62 LSD with 100mm Lobro joints (bolt-on shafts, all new joints)
New AVO coilers fitted
Front vented disks, solid rears, all new disks, pads and callipers (bit of surface grime from the workshop) all fitted with handbrake
OBP pedal box with twin M/C's, reservoirs and sensors

Sierra adjustable steering column with IVA steering boss
Upper steering column bearing
Lower column jointed for IVA approval, and fitted
Steering rack (fitted)
New radiator and fan (Burton power), with orange powder coated brackets
Wing mirrors
IVA bonnet catches

Stainless Zetec exhaust manifold
Zetec engine mounts
Alloy racing fabrications fuel tank and straps
Bailey Morris propshaft (to suit Type 9 & Sierra diff)

Premier looms new loom
New ignition switch
NAS-spec light units, plus reflectors
Misc. front/side indicators lamps
Horn
Misc. fuses and relays

Selection of (new) spare mushroom inserts, ball joints & track rod ends, camber adjusters, wheel bearings, Sierra uprights and hubs.

I've also got a few carbon fibre covers/vents etc. that could be included

What's missing?

Front wings
Engine and gearbox (car was setup to take Zetec & Type 9, but will accept most things due to size!)
Engine management for the above
Pipework for cooling system
Wheels & tyres (currently sat on build wheels)
Steering wheel (think I've still got a Sierra wheel somewhere I could include)
Exhaust backbox

I've tried to be as accurate as possible with the description, but as always, I'm sure there's bits I've missed off somewhere along the lines - that said, I'm sure there's additional bits that I've not included as well. For the right person, it probably wouldn't take much to get it all together and on the road, but I just don't have the time right now and I'm paying for a storage unit that I am only using for a car that's sat wanting to be built.

I have kept all receipts for all parts, and am happy to pass them on to new owner for IVA/registration purposes or just their own records! There's all the usual suppliers; Kitcardirect, Burton Power, Rally Design etc..

I don't have pictures to hand, but can get some taken and sent to interested parties via e-mail.

I've not put a fixed price up, but am accepting *sensible* offers.

Please note that I will not be splitting any parts at this stage, nor taking requests - I'd rather sell all to one person to build the car, or at least let them have the opportunity. If this changes, I will update the listing accordingly with prices for individual items.

E.T.A. - car is in storage near Chelmsford, Essex, should interested parties wish to view.

[Edited on 19/2/19 by Charlie_Zetec]

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

James

posted on 21/2/19 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec
Unfortunately due to ongoing house renovations (a substantial time killer) and legal proceedings (for recovery of a significant amount of my money), I have come to the decision to part ways with my kit car project. I have listed below all details of what I have, along with what's missing/required to finish her off.

What's included?

GTS Tuning W7DE model (based on McSorely +442 plans) with rear roll bar
Full GRP bodywork in orange and black (orange sides & tub, black nosecone, bonnet & scuttle)
Caterham wind deflectors fitted to scuttle
Carbon fibre rear arches
Carbon fibre dash (CSM reinforced, but mould available if you wanted to re-make) and Savage billet switches fitted
Interior transmission tunnel panels powder coated orange to match bodywork
Black GRP seats and runners included, plus two off 5-piece pad set (black with orange piping)
Rear light pods

Sierra running gear, and matching front cycle wing brackets
Front upper fully-adjustable wishbones (made by Wozsher on here)
Rear De-dion axle and panhard rod setup
Fitted with Sierra 7" 3.62 LSD with 100mm Lobro joints (bolt-on shafts, all new joints)
New AVO coilers fitted
Front vented disks, solid rears, all new disks, pads and callipers (bit of surface grime from the workshop) all fitted with handbrake
OBP pedal box with twin M/C's, reservoirs and sensors

Sierra adjustable steering column with IVA steering boss
Upper steering column bearing
Lower column jointed for IVA approval, and fitted
Steering rack (fitted)
New radiator and fan (Burton power), with orange powder coated brackets
Wing mirrors
IVA bonnet catches

Stainless Zetec exhaust manifold
Zetec engine mounts
Alloy racing fabrications fuel tank and straps
Bailey Morris propshaft (to suit Type 9 & Sierra diff)

Premier looms new loom
New ignition switch
NAS-spec light units, plus reflectors
Misc. front/side indicators lamps
Horn
Misc. fuses and relays

Selection of (new) spare mushroom inserts, ball joints & track rod ends, camber adjusters, wheel bearings, Sierra uprights and hubs.

I've also got a few carbon fibre covers/vents etc. that could be included

What's missing?

Front wings
Engine and gearbox (car was setup to take Zetec & Type 9, but will accept most things due to size!)
Engine management for the above
Pipework for cooling system
Wheels & tyres (currently sat on build wheels)
Steering wheel (think I've still got a Sierra wheel somewhere I could include)
Exhaust backbox

I've tried to be as accurate as possible with the description, but as always, I'm sure there's bits I've missed off somewhere along the lines - that said, I'm sure there's additional bits that I've not included as well. For the right person, it probably wouldn't take much to get it all together and on the road, but I just don't have the time right now and I'm paying for a storage unit that I am only using for a car that's sat wanting to be built.

I have kept all receipts for all parts, and am happy to pass them on to new owner for IVA/registration purposes or just their own records! There's all the usual suppliers; Kitcardirect, Burton Power, Rally Design etc..

I don't have pictures to hand, but can get some taken and sent to interested parties via e-mail.

I've not put a fixed price up, but am accepting *sensible* offers.

Please note that I will not be splitting any parts at this stage, nor taking requests - I'd rather sell all to one person to build the car, or at least let them have the opportunity. If this changes, I will update the listing accordingly with prices for individual items.

E.T.A. - car is in storage near Chelmsford, Essex, should interested parties wish to view.

[Edited on 19/2/19 by Charlie_Zetec]

That's a shame mate.

Unless you need the money rapidly, why not just put it on hold for a while whilst you do the house? I've been doing my house for 5.5 years and the car hasn't rusted to nothing just yet!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

big_wasa

posted on 21/2/19 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
And my 2p for what it’s worth. If you have decided to part with it, the “sensible offer” thing rarely results in a sale. Decide on a price you can live with and go with it.
Mr Whippy

posted on 21/2/19 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
And my 2p for what it’s worth. If you have decided to part with it, the “sensible offer” thing rarely results in a sale. Decide on a price you can live with and go with it.

totally agree, nothing more annoying on a advert and a total turn off, even if I had the cash I'd not even bother offering tbh

[Edited on 21/2/19 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 21/2/19 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa

totally agree, nothing more annoying on a advert and a total turn off, even if I had the cash I'd not even bother offering tbh

[Edited on 21/2/19 by Mr Whippy]

Thanks for the feedback - didn't realise opening to offers was that off-putting! Will go through tonight and put a price up once I've had a chance to look into it in some more detail.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.