Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Business Contents Insurance
Barksavon

posted on 2/9/19 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Business Contents Insurance

I've rented a small unit from local council from which I'm hoping to start/run a small business making wrought ironwork goods and hopefully gates and railings etc. I'm looking for contents only insurance to cover my tools, mig welder, plasma cutter, fabrication tools etc etc. All the companies I've tried online so far are coming back saying they are unable to offer cover for tools, has anyone got the sort of cover I'm looking for, if so could you tell me who it's with
Thanks
Ian

russbost

posted on 3/9/19 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
Talk to Dave at MSM insurance, he should be able to help

Link

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

posted on 3/9/19 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
My house contents is done through my bank ( Barclays ) and my workshop tools are tacked on to this.
The garden bike/mower/tool shed is also covered.

It works for me.

Paul G

peter030371

posted on 3/9/19 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
We have cover that includes separate amounts for 'portable tools' such as drills, spanners etc and 'non-portable tools' such as a reflow oven, pick and place machine etc. Our cover is sorted out by UK Special Risks ltd (01634 862525, ukspecialrisks.co.uk), every year we look around but they always get us the best deal on combined business insurance
nick205

posted on 3/9/19 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
Our home insurance has listed items (my bikes) covered away from home. Not sure they'd extend that to the sort of cover you're looking for though.

Thoughts occuring to me:

1. Are there any people you have to notify when running a business from this kind of location?
2. Are you yourself covered in some way when working there (injury etc)?

[Edited on 4/9/19 by nick205]

Barksavon

posted on 3/9/19 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guys.
Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.